Siemens Industry – Transmission Solutions (Raleigh, NC) is searching for a highly professional Tender Manager to work with a passion for customer engagement and satisfaction.
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a strong team selling the best Transmission solutions in the market.
Siemens is leading the charge in providing the following innovative solutions to the Transmission Market:
• High Voltage Direct Current (HVDC)
• Flexible AC Transmission Systems (FACTS)
• Grid Access Solutions
• High Voltage Substations – GIS, AIS, Mobile Solutions
Tender Manager will support proposal activity for Transmission Solutions and report directly to Director Business Development and Marketing. The role will require close coordination and teamwork with Business Development and Application Engineering resources during the acquisition phase of assigned projects.
The top candidate will perform by effectively executing on key strategies and activities to include:
• Develop sales proposals for Transmission Solution projects to determine proposal feasibility and ensure competitiveness in the EPC market.
• Develop, edits and writes original proposal responses and other sales-related documents.
• Develop and maintain thorough knowledge of assigned industry structure, applications, terminology, trends, and issues.
• Discover and understand customer’s primary business goals, operations, challenges and requirements.
• Align and apply entire scope of Siemens products, solutions and services to meet the customer’s business goals.
• Validate and endorse the technical aspects of the solution offered in the bid.
• Display a high level of critical thinking in bringing successful resolution to high-impact, complex, and/or cross-functional problems.
• Understand the Transmission Utility market as it relates to customer requirements, opportunities and competition
Required knowledge/skills Education and Experience
• Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
• 5 or more years of successful business development or sales experience in a related field
• Experience with Transmission Utilities, or Medium Voltage products
• Demonstrated business acumen in balancing customer and business requirements, i.e. financials strategic and tactical thinking etc.
• Executive level verbal and written communication and presentation skills
• Inherent ability to work effectively in a team environment and strong desire to win
• Organization and time management skills to succeed in a fast paced environment
• Travel 20%
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience
• BS in Electrical Engineering preferred
• Experience with Transmission Utilities
• Knowledge of customers and competitors
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Why Siemens? In addition to an incredible career opportunity, we offer:
- A competitive base salary
- Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and 3 weeks of PTO to start.
- Extensive training along with career development.
Requisition Number: 223558