The Telesales / Retention Representative II will be responsible for increasing sales with existing customers, pursuing and establishing relationships with new customers and achieving designated sales quotas. The ideal candidate must be friendly, professional and genuinely interested in the needs of our prospects/members to proactively address various customer related needs.
The Telesales Representative II reports to the Telesales Manager. Hours are from 5AM – 2PM PST.
(May include but are not limited to)
- Field incoming sales calls from current customers and potential customers
- Build relationships over the phone, proactively creating opportunities for additional sales
- Positively negotiate and create mutually beneficial opportunities between customer and the company
- Enter data with high degree of accuracy and consistency into computer system
- Meet all sales objectives and handle all aspects of completing a sale including paperwork and retention of existing members.
- Maintain and develop working relationship with team members by collaborating and exchanging information such as selling strategies and marketing information
- Direct prospects to the field sales team when needed
- Conduct outbound calls relevant to enrollment/disenrollment campaigns, requests for information from community events, provider offices, after-hour messages, and website inquiries
- Submit daily activity production reports and/or monthly reports as required.
- Ensure that information and assistance provided is within the standards established by all applicable federal /state laws and regulations and Alignment Health Plan’s Compliance Department
- Understanding of new updates related to company and/or CMS and marketing guidelines required.
- Participate with competitor analysis (SWOTs) Strength, Weakness, Opportunities and Threats within respective market(s) and/or territories as required by management.
- Work closely with the internal and external Sales and Service teams to ensure high customer satisfaction.
- Other duties may be assigned.
This position has no direct employee supervisory responsibilities.
- Minimum Experience:
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the CMS Marketing Guidelines.
- Medicare Health Plan knowledge and/or health insurance sales background required.
- 4 – 7 Years’ Experience working in a call center and business to consumer telephone sales; experience using CMS Approved call center scripts
- Must have and maintain active Health/Accident/Life insurance license within respective selling states, currently CA (required), NC, and FL (preferred).
- Bilingual (Preferred)
- Commitment to teamwork and the flexibility to work the schedule, including weekends and holidays depending on business needs
- Highly self-motivated with a desire to be successful
- Comfortable with ongoing change and learning new technology/processes.
- Excellent communicator and presentation skills.
- intermediate level of proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
Essential Physical Functions:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and listen. The employee regularly is required to sit for long period of time during Annual Enrollment Period.