Telephony Videophone Engineer
Less than 5 years experience • Professional, Scientific & Technical Services
· Assist constructing videophone equipment, fabricated from procured off-the-shelf components, when required
· Assist installing, testing, and refurbishing videophone and monitoring equipment, located primarily along the US Northern Border
· Support videophone equipment users troubleshoot problems
· Understand electrical schematic diagrams and mechanical assembly drawings
· Experience with telephony devices such as, biscuit jacks, butt-sets, auto dialers, and demarcation blocks
· Generate test reports using MS Excel
· Experience with MS Office tools, excellent communication, interpersonal and writing skills
· Willing to travel for up to 2 week periods and on short-notice, often by automobile
· Able to lift at least 50 lbs.
· Willing to work outdoors, unsheltered, in low temperatures, for extended periods of time
· Associates Degree or equivalent plus a minimum 3 years’ experience in systems integration and testing of camera technology or videophone technology
Desired Competencies: Knowledge of IP Telephony related technologies such as Aiphone, Cisco IP Telephony and voicemail platforms, Voice over IP (VoIP), Session Border Controllers (SBC), Session Initiated Protocol (SIP) and Public Switched Telephone Network (PSTN) gateways. Network Testing Tools, Software Testing Tools, Hardware Testing Tools, especially with telephones, videophones, cameras, surveillance.