Under limited supervision, responsible for managing the central office switches deployed by the company. Specifically responsible for performing or providing support for the following functional areas: Operations, Administration, Maintenance, and Provisioning. Switches may be Constant Bit Rate (CBR)/Time Division Multiplexed (TDM) or packet based such as Voice Over IP soft switches.
Actively and consistently supports all efforts to simplify and enhance the customer experience.
Conducts daily detailed DNHC process for assigned areas of responsibility. Manages all telephony equipment under limited supervision.
Follows established guidelines for telephone network daily health check procedures and call out protocols during outage situations.
Prepares detailed RCA documentation as a post mortem for critical outages.
Configures and troubleshoots SS7, ISUP, and SIP with limited assistance and guides TOE I with execution.
Performs installation and turn up of Trunk Groups and augments as determined by Traffic and Capacity Team.
Understands telephony circuit architecture concepts, OC12, OC3, DS3, DS1 etc.
Creates mops and plan changes in advance with limited assistance.
Assumes key role in trouble shooting efforts during major outages and provides guidance to TOE I.
Assumes key role in all Residential and Business telephony issues.
Documents switch and telephone network architecture.
Assists other TOE in documenting switch and telephone network architecture.
Demonstrates IP knowledge, L2, L3, TCP, UDP and telephony equivalents, ability to troubleshoot IP connectivity issues or CCNT.
Supports all core telephony equipment including hardware and software upgrades, maintenance and expansions. Guides TOE I in implementation.
Evaluates and plans for core telephony equipment changes and expansions.
Assists in the development of on-going reporting.
Performs other duties as requested by supervisor.
- Ability to communicate effectively with employees, customers, and suppliers in a clear, straight-forward, and professional manner
- Knowledgeable with troubleshooting during outage situations
- Intermediate knowledge of telephony disciplines (SBC, VoIP Switch, SIP protocol, etc)
- Demonstrate critical thinking during stressful or complex projects.
- Proficiency with personal computer and software applications
- Valid driver's license with satisfactory driving record within Company required standards
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field or equivalent work experience
- CCNA/CCIE or other industry certifications
RELATED WORKEXPERIENCE Number ofYears
- Wireline, Wireless, or Broadband telephony switch installation or administration 3
- Database management and network configuration work experience 3
- Telephone Industry/Telecom Experience 3
- Knowledge of company products and services
- Firm grasp of common word processing, spreadsheet, Presentation, Design software and concepts.
- Expertise with TCP/IP standard applications (Telnet, SSH, FTP, SMTP, HTTP)