Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace leads the way in designing, developing and manufacturing innovative aerospace systems. We take on some of the most complex and exciting challenges in the universe--from space and Earth science to national security and intelligence programs.
We produce spacecraft, instruments and sensors, RF and microwave technologies, data exploitation solutions, and a variety of advanced aerospace technologies and products. In addition, we pioneered the development of the commercial remote sensing market, producing spacecraft and imaging systems that helped spawn a market-driven demand for imagery.
Our success is built on more than products or systems. Our team of more than 3,000 engineers, scientists, technicians and support staff drives all the achievements at Ball Aerospace. Whether contributing to a better understanding of the universe or helping keep our nation safe, our people bring their diverse backgrounds, perspectives and skills together to achieve a common mission.
TT&C Section Lead / Senior Project Engineer
This leadership position is for a highly-experienced engineer or manager who can lead the Telemetry, Tracking, & Command (TT&C) team to successfully develop and deliver Command & Data Handling and Communication subsystems for spacecraft efforts across the company.
What You’ll Do:
- Staffing plans and staffing for TT&C across spacecraft efforts to include mentor assignments and hiring.
- Performance expectation setting and evaluations for the TT&C team.
- Develop, maintain, and continual improvement of standardized tools, processes, and templates.
- Work with Supply Chain establish strong supplier relationships and to develop a supplier database.
- Oversee and ensure efficient day-to-day program execution across the TT&C spacecraft efforts.
- Oversee and ensure the technical integrity across the TT&C spacecraft efforts.
- Develop and utilized metrics to enhance the efficiency of TT&C Team execution.
- Work with the programs to coordinate strategic insert of new technologies across all spacecraft efforts – programs, IRADs, and CRADs.
- Oversee and ensure the risks are identified and mitigated across the TT&C spacecraft efforts.
- Support proposal activities by preparing TT&C cost, schedule, and technical documentation.
- Prepare and give presentations to peers, management and customers.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS in Engineering or a related technical field is preferred plus 16 or more years of related experience.
- Current Top Secret/SCI security clearance preferred, future clearance required.
- A solid understanding of all aspects of planning, scheduling, and space flight hardware development.
- Previous earned value management experience.
- Proven expertise in subcontract management.
- Extensive experience with defining, developing and delivering space qualified hardware.
- Intellectual curiosity combined with a strong desire to learn.
- Strong oral, written, and presentation skills.
- Effective in multidisciplinary large team work environment with leadership and management responsibilities and minimal oversight.
- In addition to the typical educational and experience requirements, a demonstrated capability to adequately perform the essential functions and responsibilities of the position and exhibit the skills and competencies of the grade level should be considered. Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, clean room, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.