Telemetry / Gateway Unit Test Engineer
Less than 5 years experience • IT Consulting/Services
We are looking for Telemetry/Gateway Unit Test Engineer ?for our client in Hesston, KS
Job Title: Telemetry/Gateway Unit Test Engineer
Job Location: Hesston, KS
Job Type: Contract – 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
- Experience Level (Years): 3-4
- Candidate will be responsible for development, execution, and reporting of manual and automated
- tests of client’s Telemetry, Communication and Diagnostics HW unit. This includes verification and
- validation of supporting web APIs, and data flow from backend servers to front end UI. Candidate
- will also be responsible for performing full end-end testing of the telemetry system. Candidate must have significant experience in testing Linux based embedded systems, as well as web related
- technologies. Additionally, the candidate must be comfortable soldering, and building small
- prototype level harnessing.
Primary Skills / Must have:
- Experience in related software development where Test Planning and Execution were a part of job responsibilities
- Proven experience in testing low-level, Linux-based embedded systems.
- Proven experience in helping deploy and test web based APIs (SOAP and RESTful)
Good to have:
- Familiarity with software development life cycle processes & principles of configuration management.
- Experience with Polarion, HP Quality Center, Microsoft Team Foundation server, IBM Rational, or similar ALM tools.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment is desirable.
- Familiarity with low level data protocols, specifically CAN bus and TCP/IP related are desirable.
- Familiarity with development and/or testing in HTML, HTML5, JSON, and Python is desirable.