Through its people and brands, CNH Industrial delivers power, technology and innovation to farmers, builders and drivers all around the world. Each of its brands, including Case IH, New Holland Agriculture, Case and New Holland Construction, FPT Industrial, Capital, and Aftermarket Solutions, is a major international force in its specific sector.
We are actively seeking a Telematics Systems Engineer to join our team. In this role, you will support the design of timely, efficient and cost effective telematics and connected systems for agricultural and construction equipment. This position is responsible to ensure the technical content meets Vehicle Platform needs and program timing adheres plans.
- Specify, design, develop, coordinate and support the definition and integration of Telematics systems with some supervision.
- Develop and release Telematics product solutions for Agriculture and Construction machines, ensure understanding by all Vehicle Electronics engineering teams
- Works on project team to complete engineering tasks to meet project plans and identify mitigation actions to achieve deliverables
- Work on sub-systems and collaborate with software engineers to ensure the efficient and timely completion of specific project milestones within required budgetary guidelines
- Conduct design analysis on components and/or assemblies to assist in the development process by ensuring designs are cost efficient, manufacturable, serviceable, and reliable
- Participate in design reviews, FMEAs, Safety Analyses and Hazard and Risk Assessments.
- Direct field testing of products and systems performed by field staff when necessary
- Support refining processes and products for new and existing products
- Prepare data and documentation of design activities to present to engineering management and to platform teams.
- Travel, as necessary, to plants, supplier facilities, product evaluation, and customer field sites to resolve problems, explore design alternatives, reverse engineering and provide information
The qualified candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Mechanical, Electrical, or Agricultural Engineering or related engineering degree
- 6+ years of work experience in development of embedded electronic solutions for automotive, agricultural, construction or off-road industry
The ideal candidate will have:
- B.S. Degree in Engineering
- Demonstrated ability to work independently on technical issues and organize project tasks and data
- 2+ years of experience with connectivity or telematics products.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Is competent and aware of current, state-of-the-art electrical technologies and is eager to stay expert in his/her domain of technology. For example:
- Vehicle networks for on-road and off-road electrical architectures and system implementations, including network analysis tools like CANAlyzer, CANoe.
- Understanding of Matlab and 4th generation software development methods and approaches
- Understanding of Model Based Control design Engineering
- Understanding of Virtual prototyping / MIL / SIL / HIL principles
- Understanding of programming C(++) code, and structured software programming