Through its people and brands, CNH Industrial delivers power, technology and innovation to farmers, builders and drivers all around the world. Each of its brands, including Case IH, New Holland Agriculture, Case and New Holland Construction, FPT Industrial, Capital, and Aftermarket Solutions, is a major international force in its specific sector.
The Telematics SW Developer Engineer manages the Develop activities and take support from Integration join team (feature specialists from each involved suppliers) and Architecture join team, providing the knowledge, addressing any task to the correct specialist and, if feasible, suggest the possible solution.
- Understand and know the design of telematics platforms, in terms of hardware, low-level software (BSP) and Framework and Application Software
- Support the external suppliers and the Integration join team engineers to integrate any components, validating and reviewing the results and suggest improvements and solutions
- Support the E2E test team to review the results and, in case of bugs, address it and suggest solutions
- Define and execute microplans to implement integration activities, with a daily activity monitoring and regular updates/reports to the stakeholders
- Coordinate and harmonize the activities for framework, software and/or backend developments
- Support the activities of the testing team and address the issues depending on their severity/priority
- Document and trace all the activities using the proper corporate tools (shared repositories for the system specifications, issue tracking etc.)
- Work cohesively as a member of a Telematics engineering team, collaborating with other members of the team with the end goal of maximizing quality and delivering on schedule
- Cooperate with the customer/field support team
- Monitor the overall system (or subpart of it) performance on the field to suggest and support preventive planning of improvements
- Travel, as necessary, to supplier facilities, test facilities, and customer field sites to resolve problems, explore design alternatives and provide information
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Electronic Engineer, Computer Science or Telecommunication. If not available, also Master’s degree in Mechatronic, Biomedical, or similar can be considered acceptable.
- Solid experience in electronic component design, qualification, engineering and integration
- Deep Knowledge of vehicle electronics architectures and applications including CAN communication, J1939 protocols and ISO-11783
- Knowledge of HW design
- Knowledge of programming within embedded systems (BSP development and/or design etc.)
- Knowledge of Framework design (with Native and Java provided interfaces)
- Technical knowledge of Wireless Radio Technologies, Cellular Protocol Stack
- Proficiency in design analysis
- Experience in systems integration and back office solutions integration