Job Title: Telecommunications Regulatory Counsel / Attorney - Direct Hire / Full Time / Perm
Job Location: Herndon, VA
Job Type: Full Time / Perm / Direct Hire + Benefits
?US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time.?
Seeking a seasoned, Senior Attorney with extensive experience in:
- International Telecommunications Regulation and Policy in the Americas and Europe, including telecommunications licensing, reporting, and compliance requirements.
- Familiarity with new technology/new product rollout, such as IoT, mobile roaming, and cloud-based services, including regulatory requirements in introducing a product across multiple jurisdictions, and identifying associated regulatory costs in each country.
- Strong knowledge of US and international voice services, including intra-country domestic voice resale, domestic and international VoIP, MPLS, and Internet transit.
- Duties include licensing, ongoing regulatory compliance, preparation of complex external reports, supervision of outside counsel, and interaction/negotiation with regulators and other government officials.
Skills and Qualifications:
- J.D. degree and membership in at least one US state bar.
- 7+ years legal experience with telecommunications company or in telecommunications at major law firm.
- Knowledge of general regulatory and corporate law.
- Knowledge of existing and new communications technology.
- Ability to communicate technical information to a non-expert audience.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Familiarity with principles of accounting a plus.