Sotera Defense Solutions, a KeyW Company is looking for top talent as a Telecommunications Engineer in Washington, DC, supporting our mission critical customer at the USDA. Candidates must be able to obtain and maintain a Background Clearance.
The Telecommunications Engineer will:
- Manage the translation of business requirements into telecommunications requirements, designs and orders.
- Provide in-depth engineering analysis of telecommunications alternatives for government agencies in support of their strategic modernization efforts.
- Provide telecommunications enhancement designs for medium and large-scale telecommunication infrastructures.
- Provide interface support to telecommunications end users, telecommunications operations personnel, and telecommunications strategic program management.
- Support telecommunications infrastructure using technology, and telecommunications engineering best practices; Transport Control Protocol / Internet Protocol (TCP/IP), routing protocols, LAN switching, Internet and Intranet systems, and Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) based network management systems.
- Lead design efforts that require in-depth technical knowledge of both wide area and local area communications.
- Analyze network performance with tools such as Sniffers, Concord Network Health, or Network Informant; network management tools such as Hewlett Packard Openview or Tivoli; the conduct of capacity planning and performance engineering; modeling and simulation tools such as COMNET III, Netmaker Mainstation, NetRule, or OPNET products.
- Perform comparative analysis of systems and designs based on merit and cost (in terms of capital and ongoing operations); and/or engineering economics (engineering-related cost benefit analysis).
- May provide daily supervision and direction to support staff.
- HS degree and 8years of experience (or a combination of certifications, training, education and years of experience).
- 2+ years of comparative analysis of systems based on merit and cost including captial and ongoing operations expense.
- 2+ years of cost benefit analysis experience.
- 2+ years of report writing in MS Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
Candidates must be able to obtain and maintain a Background Clearance.
May consider telecommuting option.
About The Organization
Sotera Defense Solutions, Inc. (Sotera) is an agile, mid-size national securitytechnology company that delivers innovative systems, solutions and services in support of the critical missions of the Intelligence Community, Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security and federal law enforcement agencies charged with ensuring the safety and security of our nation. Our 1,200 employees are focused on delivering essential counterterrorism, cyber operations, intelligence, data analytics, C4ISR and force mobility solutions to our customers throughout the national security community.
Sotera Defense Solutions is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.