The Senior Telecommunications Engineer will collaborate with the Telecommunications Architect in defining and documenting the strategy for all voice and data services to the enterprise. The Senior Telecommunications Engineer will take the lead in managing projects in the delivery of the afore mentioned strategy. This includes oversite of resource management both internal and external, fiscal management, and insure the quality of the deployed technology. The Telecommunication Engineering will take an active role in Telecommunications Operations which includes coordination with IT Technical Support team members as escalated engineering support for impairments that require a higher level of oversite and management. The Senior Telecommunications Engineer is also responsible for the coaching of junior members of the IT team on telecommunications technologies new and old in an effort to increase competency and efficiencies of the team.
- Acts as a primary technical resource for all aspects of the telecom and data implementation of new solutions
- Designs complex IT and telecommunication solutions to address business needs, while maintaining sight of the technical validity and supportability of the solution
- Drafts specifications for Bid by prospective and current vendors through RFP.
- Researches, evaluates and recommends new tools and technologies
- Responsible for overseeing and managing service levels of vendors to deliver secure, reliable and available networks to field locations and corporate, totaling over 1000 end-users
- Maintains network by troubleshooting and repairing outages, testing network back-up procedures and updating documentation
- Responsible for overall health of Telecommunications infrastructure through Preventative Maintenance and active monitoring.
- Provides cost and time analytics on installation, implementation and operation of new equipment for management team
- Provides consultation with business units to review business problems and determines proper technology to meet requirements set forth from this body of work.
- Manage others in the delivery of projects and activities
- Manages Company risk relative to position
- Bachelor’s Degree with major in Math, Computer Science, Physics, Engineering, or additional 10 years of experience with proven technical specific training in lieu of Degree.
- 5 – 10 years’ experience in:
- Negotiating telecom and managed services contracts
- Developing and deploying a telecommunications architecture.
- Establishing appropriate service level agreements
- Vendor and service level management
- Telecommunication protocols
- WAN networking (MPLS, VPN, Broadband)
- Voice/data network design strategies
- VoIP / SIP protocols
- Effective communication skills
- Experience with creating reports showing performance characteristics of the current Telecommunication Infrastructure.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Ability to lead others
- Ability to manage large telecommunication projects
- Ability to communicate with Senior members of the company’s leadership team.
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Prior work experience with telecom
- Experience in Consumer Finance industry