Installs, maintains and troubleshoots the Cisco/Nortel PBX system as well as client based Telecom equipment. Manages and maintains the Voicemail systems and any other system related to telecom. Maintains and troubleshoots all client based Telecom equipment including fax machines.
- Manage Cisco and Nortel PBX environments.
- Adds, moves and changes to Cisco and Nortel systems.
- Manage PRI circuits and utilization
- Maintains inventory of PBX's and spare parts.
- Documents of 110/66 blocks and all voice and data circuits to include1 fbs.
- Other duties as assigned.
Complexity of Work:
- All employees are expected to meet the standards of performance outlined in the Organizational-Wide Competencies listed below as applied to the position:
- World Class Service Orientation: Includes attitude, behavior, interpersonal skill, and problem solving that enable an employee to respond to internal and external customer needs and expectations in a positive manner.
- Adaptability: Includes teamwork and flexibility needed to fulfill job responsibilities including adapting to changes in work environment and accepting supervisory feedback.
- Efficiency and Effectiveness: Includes quantity and quality of desired work, as well as organization skills necessary to perform successfully.
- Essential Job Requirements: Includes adherence to all relevant policies, procedures, and guidelines affecting the work environment, including maintenance of required competencies and communication skills.
- Supervisory Responsibilities (if applicable): Includes overall accountability for assigned work group relative to operational goals, personnel requirements, and budgetary constraints.
- Note: The above stated duties are intended to outline those functions typically performed by individuals assigned to this classification. This description of duties is not intended to be all inclusive nor to limit the discretionary authority of supervisors to assign other tasks of similar nature or level of responsibility.
- Must possess strong communications, interpersonal and personal computer skills.
- Requires strong knowledge and application of analytical thinking, as well as excellent time management skills and the ability to manage and perform multiple tasks and projects.
- Minimum of one year of experience maintaining key systems.
- Five years of experience on Cisco or Nortel PBX systems.
- Essential Duties: This position requires knowledge of all aspects of telecommunications including assessing, planning, coordinating, monitoring and evaluating the key and PBX systems, cabling, and carriers.
- Physical Duties: This position requires frequent climbing, crawling, walking, sitting and standing. Frequent talking and listening when giving instructions and explanations. Frequent use of the phone, computer and fax machines.
- Working Conditions: The majority of time the employee spends indoors in air-conditioned areas. Potential for exposure to electric shock, falls cuts and punctures while performing duties.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Should use back brace when lifting. Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required for procedures.
The policy of Cleveland Clinic and its system hospitals (Cleveland Clinic) is to provide equal opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic's Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions after 90 days. Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law. Information provided on this application may be shared with any Cleveland Clinic facility.
Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.