Provides technical direction and engineering knowledge for communications activities including planning, designing, developing, testing, installing and maintaining large communications networks. Ensures that adequate and appropriate planning is provided to direct building architects and planners in building communications spaces and media pathways meet industry standards.
Develops, operates, and maintains voice, wireless, video, and data communications systems. Provides complex engineering or analytical tasks and activities associated with one or more technical areas within the communications function. Possesses and applies expertise on multiple complex work assignments. Assignments may be broad in nature, requiring originality and innovation in determining how to accomplish tasks.
Operates with appreciable latitude in developing methodology and presenting solutions to problems. Contributes to deliverables and performance metrics where applicable.
- Troubleshoots and maintains telecommunications switching equipment.
- Troubleshoots and maintains telecommunications terminal equipment (telephone sets, videoconference terminals, etc.)
- Installs telecommunications switching equipment and terminal equipment.
- Understands and troubleshoots voice and data cabling.
- Performs more complex activities for routine maintenance on switch.
- Reads and interprets circuit diagrams and functional schematics.
- Supports complex engineering and/or analytical tasks and activities associated with one or more technical areas within the telecom function such as, but not limited to, network design, engineering, implementation, or operations/user support.
- Ability to complete assignments without direct supervision.
Education – Bachelor’s degree. Computer or engineering disciplines are preferred.
Experience – Two years of relevant experience. Experience with the products in the customer’s installed base is preferred.
Technical Certification – Relevant manufacturer certifications desirable.
Security Clearance – Will be required to pass a background investigation.