Responsible for day-to-day operations and maintenance (O&M) of customer-owned voice communication systems within the State of Alaska; some travel will be required.
Analyzes, administers, and maintains telecommunications systems.
1. Evaluates, analyzes, administers and maintains voice, data and wireless communications systems.
2. Reads and interprets circuit diagrams and electrical schematics.
3. Prepares detailed specifications and flowcharts for implementation of new internal systems or modifications to vendor systems.
4. Manages installation of equipment.
5. Monitors the operations of telecommunications systems and services of vendors.
6. Provides end-user training of telecommunications features and functionality.
7. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced Analysts and Technicians, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
8. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
9. Participates in special projects as required.
Bachelors Degree in a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training or work experience.
Extensive knowledge of Avaya Aura platform (desirable).
8-10 years of related telecommunications experience.
Voice and/or data system OEM certifications (Desirable).
Must be able to be able to obtain/retain FAA PIV identification badge. (MANDATORY)
Must be able to read, write and speak English.