Las Vegas, NV
Industry: Professional, Scientific & Technical Services•
5 - 7 years
Posted 36 days ago
Telecom Services Engineer is responsible for a variety of unified communication telecommunications services, including the management, installation, maintenance, and quality of the unified communication systems and associated voice and data circuits, devices, and supplemental equipment. Works with cross-functional areas of the I.T. department, management, and vendors to evaluate, propose, and implement solutions based upon corporate and user needs.
Essential Job Functions :
• Coordinate with I.T. Team members, user departments, and vendors to implement telecommunications and unified communications projects.
• Provide timely support of Global Telecom Group customers.
• Maintain best-effort uptime of all Telecom systems.
• Interpret engineering traffic reports in all telecommunications systems and make appropriate changes based on findings to optimize quality and service of usage and maintenance.
• Maintain accurate records of all telecommunications services, equipment, and software.
• Assist with developing budget for corporate telecommunications.
• Analyze personnel resources and projects to determine staffing/outsourcing needs.
• Work with the Network Group to implement large-scale projects involving voice and data communications.
• Perform, and supervise the performance of contractors with, moves, adds, and changes of phone equipment and voice mail.
• Troubleshoot and resolve phone, voice mail and video conferencing problems.
• Assign and maintain mobile communication devices, including cellular, paging and PDAs.
• Provide user training of phone, voice mail and video conferencing use.
• Process all Telecommunications invoices. This includes circuits [both voice and data], supported home lines, switching equipment, phones, video conferencing & audio visual equipment.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
• Actively seek out knowledge of unified communications and telecommunication systems and related equipment and software in order to better serve corporate requirements.
• Continually work toward providing the user base with valuable information and reports regarding telecommunications, such as call accounting, billing reports, recommendations, news, etc.
• Policy development, research and recommendations.
• Research and develop service improvements and design future network service architecture.
• Strong Cisco certifications (CCNA, CCNP preferred)
• 6+ years Telecom experience
• Experience working with all voice, data, cabling, wiring, etc.
• Strong Experience in Cisco telephony platforms
• Experience in Avaya telephony platforms
• 5 years of Network experience and at least 5 with SIP/VoIP
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilitie
• Ability to multi-task in a high impact, fast pace environment
• Must have excellent communication and documentation skills. Significant experience working with VOIP and SIP
• In-depth knowledge of Unified Communications technologies, including messaging, voice and video technologies.
• UNIX/Linux fundamentals
• Excellent IP networking fundamentals
• Excellent troubleshooting skills with a focus on root cause and prevention
• Experience working with telecom carriers turning up and troubleshooting IP and or TDM circuits
• Expertise in many of the following technologies and protocols: BGP, OSPF, SIP, RTP, IP, TCP, UDP, DNS,
DHCP, T1/E1, Ethernet, firewalls, IT security best practices
• Experience working with an international team a plus
Weekend and/or weekend hours may be required. Travel may be required.
Job ID #: IRC16966