We are looking for Telecom RF Systems Admin or our client in Herndon, VA
Job Title: Telecom RF Systems Admin
Job Location: Herndon, VA
Job Type: Contract ? 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
?US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time.?
- This position supports the operations manager to oversee the daily operations of the Surveillance Broadcast Services System (SBSS), the worlds? largest air traffic management system consisting of control stations, radio stations, service delivery points, and supporting networks.
- Data analysis, collection of data, package everything up to send to management for reporting
- Directly troubleshooting hardware and softwarE
- Monitors and manages the performance of the individual system elements and its related services
- Integrates with NOC operations support system troubleshooting and analyzes impact of outages and initiates responses.
- Conducts trouble and system analysis
- Investigates and resolves trouble tickets that are escalated to Tier II from the NOC.
- Reviews and evaluates all systems maintenance requests
- Supports the Operations and Maintenance groups Tier II team
- Creates monthly system performance reports tosupport program meetings
- Supports system troubleshooting activities
- Participates on the development and reviews of the status reports to evaluate system performance and identify anomalies or problems.
- Supports a 24/7/365 environment
- RF and Network Maintenance background
- Some T-1 Tech Experience
- Ideal candidate has a background as a wireless cell technician, telecom background, understands RF Engineering, land mobile radio (LMR) background, etc.
- Strong technical troubleshooting in any type of network system environment
- Troubleshooting antennas and lines
- Hands on experience with hardware and software
- Familiarity with Unix or Linux operating systems
- 3years of experience as a Systems Admin
- BachelorDegree in Electrical Engineering, Management Information Systems, Computer Science, or relevant years of experience