Opening with our rail systems client for a Telecommunications Railway Systems Project Engineer.
- Plan, execute, monitor and control Design, configuration, test and commissioning activities for the telecommunication system according to the overall program schedule.
- Analyze technology environment
- Identify, analyze and manage requirements
- Identify and resolve interfaces internal and external to the Telecommunication System (e.g. Signaling, Rolling Stock, etc.)
- Architect and Integrate medium-complex telecommunications systems with particular attention to Networking technologies
- Prepare Conceptual, Preliminary, Detailed and Installation Design for each Telecom & Security technology
- Participate in products selection
- Create Bill of Materials and support Purchasing Department to order equipment in particular for the Wired and Wireless telecommunications networks.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical, Electronic, or Computer Engineering or Information Technology
- 2 to 5 years of Railway System Engineering expertise
- Knowledge of telecommunications systems for the railway industry
- CCNP or equivalent certification required
- Knowledge of principles, practices, methods, terminology and trends in communications engineering including the fields of radio frequency allocations, electromagnetic wave propagation, and radio frequency field strength measurements and tolerances.
- Knowledge of fiber optics, computers, digital communications processors, servers, programming, applications, software, and hardware related to radio communications.
- Extensive working knowledge of Complex Networks design, both wired and wireless
- Extensive experience with network architecture design
- Working knowledge of Switching and Routing protocols
- Working knowledge of wireless communications in demanding scenarios
- Prior Experience with RAMS deliverable
- Detail oriented with excellent organizational skills
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
Telecommunications Railway Systems Project Engineer - 21283
Oxford Solutions, Inc. is a professional staffing firm with over 20 years of experience matching high level candidates with direct opportunities with established clients in the Pittsburgh area and nationwide. Let us help you connect with a new opportunity for success!