A Mitel Project Manager is solely responsible for providing guidance in all aspects of a project for the implementation of Government telecommunications business solutions. In accordance with a fundamental framework of established procedures as outlined in the Mitel Project Management Office (PMO) standardized processes and organizational practices. Aligning with and supporting expectations established by Sales.
Proactively directing and monitoring client expectations to ensure all stakeholders remain focused on core business objectives as purchased. Functioning as a singular point of contact between Mitel direct personnel, and Customers to establish one cohesive project team with formally developed and communicated applicable project plans.
This position is remote based; prefer East Coast due to EST time zone.
- The ability to develop complex project plans such as Summary of Responsibilities, Communication, Project Work Breakdown Structure, Installation Timeline/Milestones, Project Integration, Project Implementation, Resource Management, Quality Management, Scope Change Management, Training and Support, Risk Analysis, Problem Resolution.
- Simultaneously manage multiple installation projects
- Chair structured project process meetings with formal Agendas and Minutes to formally document all aspects of the project.
- The ability to produce results independently while promoting a team environment and collaboration efforts.
- Comprehensively communicate to senior level management a project status, costs, project conflicts and other implementation constraints updates.
- Create presentation materials; propose specific solutions to needs or problems, which include project plans, written and oral reports and graphical presentations.
- Analyze data including information implied from project performance criteria.
- 4-year degree in a relevant field is strongly preferred (equivalent experience may substitute).
- Project Management Institute PMI Certification is strongly preferred and/or a Project Management Professional PMP Certification is fixed requirement.
- 5-7 years of project management experience with demonstrated success in delivering results in applying project management methodologies.
- Experience in telecommunications or IT related industries is strongly preferred.
- Working knowledge of Cable infrastructures and VoIP telephone systems strongly preferred.
- Extensive use of Microsoft office and project planning tools (MS-Project, Google, Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, SharePoint).
- The ability to develop complex project plans based on customer requirements.
- Strong written and verbal communication with the ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees.