Job Title: ?Telecom Optical DWDM Engineer - Direct Hire / Full Time / Perm
Job Location: Wall Town, NJ
Job Type: Full Time / Perm / Direct Hire + Benefits
?US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time.?
- Experience between 5 to 10 yrs
- In this position you will be working on one of the most advanced fiber optic networks in the world for a truly diverse company.
- We serve an International customer base providing high speed network capacity between major markets around the world.
- We offer a stable and challenging work environment and the opportunity to be part of a highly respected team.
- General responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the timely resolution of circuit issues utilizing a highly integrated Network Management system, capturing detailed notes via our ticketing system, interfacing directly with customers as required and providing status updates to management.
- Well-developed analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to set priorities, recognize basic causes, and recommend problem solutions that meet the practical needs of the business.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal); to include prior experience with customer interface.
- Self-starter, able to take initiative and work with minimum direction in a fast-paced, global and team-centric environment
- Working knowledge of DWDM optical transmission systems, switching equipment, OSS software, test equipment, PDH/SDH/SONET, Ethernet, and have the ability to diagnose network alarms and comprehend transmission engineering
- Desired knowledge of Nortel, Ciena, Huawei, ADVA & Tyco Undersea equipment & technology
- At least 5 years?experiencepreferred in the telecommunications industry
- Must be available to work in a 7x24 hour operational environment
- College diploma in technical field preferred (i.e., telecommunications, computer science). Additional education desirable; e.g., continuing education in areas such as optical systems technology, design and engineering; power feed systems; undersea technology; optical and transmission test equipment; and computer skills and applications.