Job Title: Telecom NOC / SOC Engineer - Direct Hire / Full Time / Perm
Job Location: ?Wall Town , NJ
Job Type: Full Time / Perm / Direct Hire + Benefits
?US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time.?
- Responsible for the equipment?s operation and maintenance (Fault, configuration, alarm, performance and security) or network components to drive network efficiency and availability. Ensure efficient and effective technical customer service as per SLAs.
- Manage Technical Support Center (helpdesk) and operations of escalation desk/tickets for all NOC and SOC issues.
- Review L3/L4 incidents and ensure resolution efficiency to ensure smooth operation and maintenance of network components and other specified equipment (e.g. ATMs) to drive network efficiency and availability.
- This group of specialists provides technical expertise in assisting clients with installations, maintenance, upgrades and repairs for IP, Transport, Voice and Mobility, WLA ATMs.
- Maintain quality standards to achieve optimal levels of operation and KPI targets.
- Provide last mile support for service assurance of all business segments across TCL.
- Tracks and monitor network traffic and performance to ensure minimal interruption to transmission and/or networkswitches.
- Ensure adequate monitoring of various network aspects panning across different service and ensuring quick and appropriate resolution of network issues (remote as well as on-field).
- Monitor vendor performance, particularly critical incidents, delayed cases, non-adherence to SLA, etc.
- Lead implementation for any new network updates, Planned Activities and change Management. Corrects network and SOC problems effectively and in a timely manner. Drive initiatives, industrialization, and efficiencies to network facilities for improvements (i.e. enhancements, updates, upgrades, new systems).
- Establishes tools and procedures to monitor network performance. Assure platform and service availability to the customers, through least cost routing, thereby ensuring SLA compliance and QoS of the customer services.
- Well-developed analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to set priorities, recognize basic causes, and recommend problem solutions that meet the practical needs of the business.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal); to include prior experience with customer interface.
- Self-starter, able to take initiative and work with minimum direction in a fast-paced, global and team-centric environment
- Working knowledge of optical transmission systems, switching equipment, OSS software, test equipment, PDH/SDH/SONET, Ethernet, and DS3 services; ability to diagnose network alarms and comprehend transmission engineering
- Desired knowledge of Nortel, Ciena, Lucent, & Tyco transport equipment & technology
- At least 5 years?experiencepreferred in the telecommunications industry
- Must be available to work in a 7x24 hour operational environment
- College diploma in technical field preferred (i.e., telecommunications, computer science). Additional education desirable; e.g., continuing education in areas such as optical systems technology, design and engineering; power feed systems; undersea technology; optical and transmission test equipment; and computer skills and applications.