Role and Responsibilities:
The Manager, Telecommunication Engineering is responsible for managing and leading the internal Telecom Engineering Team which supports multiple technologies across a growing business. These technologies consist of a mix of phone systems (Mitel, Asterisk, FreePBX) and cloud-based/SaaS contact center solutions (Talkdesk and Salesforce). This individual will provide managerial and technical oversight of the teams while managing priorities and technical projects on their team. They will work with the Sr. Director on road mapping and resource planning/allocation. They will also work directly with stakeholders across the business to improve their use of communication technologies and enable the business by providing solutions to complex problems.
- Responsible for leading and managing the Telecommunications Engineering teams/personnel.
- Manage workflows and processes for the team to optimize efficiency and maintain steady velocity.
- Provide architectural direction and leadership on telecom and contact center development projects.
- Meet with and align with business stakeholders on new requests including new systems, enhancements, and features and prioritize them for assignment by engineers.
- Assist with developing technical roadmaps for telecom related projects and platforms.
- Provide routine updates to Sr. Director IT Infrastructure on projects and team metrics.
- Coordinate with other members of the IT Infrastructure team on cross-functional projects and deliverables.
- Ensure adequate documentation is completed for assigned tickets and projects.
Education and Professional Experience:
- 6+ years managing/engineering telecom systems including on-prem, SaaS, and/or legacy PBX.
- 2+ years managing technical teams consisting of engineers.
- Experience supporting business critical phone systems with high volume (~2mm minutes per month)
- Strong experience in project management through demonstrated experience.
- Strong experience with vendor management and relationships.
- Ability to design, manage, and implement processes and procedures for technical teams.
- Extensive experienceworking withCRM (Salesforce) integrated contact center solutions that provide deep integrations and automations.
- Extensive experience with various telecom technologies: SaaS (Talkdesk), Legacy (Mitel), and industry standard (Asterisk/FreePBX).
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while working on concurrent projects/tasks.
- Service focus: commitment to the success of the organization and the satisfaction of a diverse user base with a variety of needs and problems to solve.
- Strong communication (written / verbal) and collaborations skills, desire to share knowledge and train a great team, ability to keep everyone focused on the same goals.
- Organized: fastidious, detail oriented, and committed to the highest work standards.
- Ability to work late and emergency hours when necessary to maintain high level of service, availability for contact around the clock in case of outages or emergencies.
- Enthusiasm and the flexibility to thrive in an entrepreneurial atmosphere of constant change and rapid growth.