Telecom Industry Subject Matter Expert
The Telecom Industry Subject Matter Expert will bring astrong technical background in telecommunications and research, helpingidentify and track domestic and international telecommunications industrytrends and updating information on a continual basis. The candidate willrespond to inquiries from various customers using an extensive and existingdatabase of information.
- Ability to engage, interact, and collaborate at all levels of an organization
- Ability to develop clear written content for technical and/or non-technical audiences; to speak clearly and in an organized fashion and tailor communications to the audience
- Ability to learn quickly with a demonstrated track record of meeting deadlines
- Track record of active learning and creative problem solving.
- Meticulous attention to detail, organizational, and time management skills
- Investigate, research, analyze, evaluate and document complex telecommunications systems and instrumentation for testing them
- Perform scientific and technical analysis on a variety of complex projects to determine characteristics of various telecom systems and functions of related equipment
- Report changes, trends and implications of evolving global telecommunications systems and technologies
- Provide information to analysts related to technology trends and telecommunication equipment specifications
- Coordinate with counterparts while assuming a role in analysis and information sharing
- Prepare briefings and reports on your analysis methodology and results
- Maintain a database of worldwide technology trends
- Provide expertise in commercial and military telecommunications processes, business practices, connectivity, and protocols
- Provide expertise in billing, fraud/spam detection, and processes used by various companies to monitor networks
- Create threat analysis based on assessment of various commercial enterprises expertise and use of technology
- Maintain currency on latest industry trends and provide reports/assessments for development of tactics, techniques, and procedures
- Aid weapons/tactics, intelligence analysts, current operations, and operations training to further individual understanding of the inner workings of the telecommunications industry
- Correlate and integrate commercial industry knowledge with analytical reports to support measure of performance and measures of effectiveness assessments.
Requirements: Security Clearance: U.S Citizenship, Top Secret w/ current SCI – Willing to take and maintain a Polygraph within 90 days and comply with SAP requirements
Education/ Certifications: Bachelor's degree from an accredited college in a related discipline plus a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience in the industry. Master's degree from an accredited college in a related discipline plus a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in the industry.
- 10+ years of Telecom systems engineering or equivalent experience
- Extensive technical telecommunications expertise with knowledge of related disciplines to develop technical solutions to complex problems which require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity
- Strong technical research skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills