$100K — $150K *
Req ID: 113997
NTT DATA Services strives to hire exceptional, innovative and passionate individuals who want to grow with us. If you want to be part of an inclusive, adaptable, and forward-thinking organization, apply now.
We are currently seeking a Telecom Hardware Lead to join our team in Washington, District of Columbia (US-DC), United States (US).
Job Responsibilities of Telecom Engineer
- Provide end user support 24x7x365 and On-Call rotation for after hour support as assigned.
- Provide Tier-1 and Tier-2 support of customer Service Requests and Incident troubleshooting and resolution.
- Responsible to meet and maintain required SLA's.
- Responsible for on-site and/or remote installation, implementation, maintenance, troubleshooting and/or repair Avaya PBX system and Deskside Phones and Mobile Phones.
- Support, install, and maintain phones, voice mail, Atos and Cisco voice applications, PBX operating systems, and related IT peripherals.
- Provide software engineer PBX/VoIP support, performing software installs/maintenance for optimum system operability and performance, maintain current system patches and upgrades.
- Create new build, change, and deletion of VoIP and analog end points.
- Implement various Cisco Call Manager end points, specifically standard end-user facing features and functionality.
- Program standard Cisco feature sets and understand the impact & interoperability of these features.
- Responsible for service testing to include identifying, correcting, or escalating problems.
- Document network by correct labeling of routing equipment and cables, and documenting configuration diagrams and specifications.
- Resolve Incident and Service Request tickets and proactively follow-up with other technical service towers and 3rd party vendor teams for speed to resolution.
-Manage Service Request and Incident tickets in ServiceNow (SOM), including regular updates to tickets per NTT DATA Change and Problem management processes.
-Responsible for customer satisfaction scores – provides positive customer experience with each customer interaction.
- 5+ years of experience supporting telecom systems and protocols – including VoIP, ISDN technologies, routing and switching, SIP trunks, RTP, SRTP, PSTN cloud integration, SBCs, and call center technologies.
- 5+ years of experience in data center engineering support – including Smart Hands, device install/decom, patch cabling install/decom, and circuit extension.
- Experience troubleshooting carrier and network connectivity issues – both VoIP and TDM.
-3-5 years of experience in support of Avaya IVRs and dialers, and Avaya PBX systems and end user support including mobile phones knowledge and troubleshooting, and Smart Hands support experience.
- 3-5 years of experience supporting Cisco Unified Communications platform.
- 3-5 years with good overall understanding of Cisco’s UC (UCM/CUC/Infrastructure) and UCCE (ICM/CVP) technologies and products.
- 3+ years of experience supporting Mitel PBX switch and hardware.
- 3+ years of experience supporting Atos / Siemens Unify hardware.
- Position requires a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field of study plus 5+ years of experience in the job offered.
-Telecommunication certification is desired, such as BICSI, iNARTE, or SCTE Internet Protocol Engineering Professional (IPEP) certification.
-Strong understanding of VPN and VMware is desired. -
-Proficient with MS Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio desired.
- Self-starter, results-oriented, and demonstrates ‘can-do’ traits.
- Strong verbal and written communications.
About NTT DATA Services
NTT DATA Services is a global business and IT services provider specializing in digital, cloud and automation across a comprehensive portfolio of consulting, applications, infrastructure and business process services. We are part of the NTT family of companies, a partner to 85 % of the Fortune 100.
NTT DATA Services is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, disability, age, veteran-status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other class protected by law.
Valid through: 5/21/2021