- Research, evaluate, design, develop, implement, and improve state-of-the-art software and business processes in collaboration with a team of business analysts, software developers, software testers, DBA’s, and operations personnel.
- Support Product Owners to define product roadmaps, clarify business value for enhancement requests, and ensure Telecom domain best practices are applied
- Facilitate joint working sessions with defined business and system owners and other stakeholders to secure approval and agreement of architectural designs and recommended solutions.
- Identify issues and recommend improvements to business processes, delivery methodologies as well as functional architectures, system capabilities and interfaces.
- Mentor and provide functional and technical architectural guidance to multiple teams building innovative applications.
- Drive common vision, practices and capabilities across teams.
- Engage with business stakeholders to understand required capabilities, integrating business knowledge with technical solutions.
- Engage with technical staff to determine the most appropriate technical strategy and designs to meet business needs.
- Demonstrate broad solutions leadership, impacting significant functional and technical direction, exerting influence outside of the immediate team and driving change.
- Communicate effectively with multidisciplinary team and articulate technical concepts and ideas effectively.
- Minimum 10 years of professional experience in the telecom industry
- Minimum 4 years as a functional or solution architect working with business stakeholders to define telecom software solutions
- Experience working in an Agile development environment
- Experience in defining new functional architectures and ability to drive an independent project from an architectural stand point.
- Demonstrated success in performing work and managing complex and/or large consulting projects.
- Proficient in authoring, editing and presenting functional solution documents.
- Ability to elicit requirements and communicate clearly with non-technical individuals, development teams, and other ancillary project members.
- Fluent and current on telecom OSS/BSS trends with an eye on market conditions and best practices.
- Strong written and oral communication skills; ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical staff.
- Desire to mentor younger team members and develop their skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Be independent and self-driven.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Management Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field.
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Management Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field is preferred.
Job ID 2018-4342