Jacobs Telecommunication has been at the forefront of creating a new generation of wireless communication infrastructure for over 40 years. We specialize in network development – complete telecom life cycle solutions, which has ranked us in ENR's Top 20 Design Firms for the telecommunications sector in 2014. While the wireless world is ever changing, the demand for innovative technology and long term support services remains constant. These services include site acquisition, design and construction, to full operations, maintenance, and deconstruction.
Our team is experiencing exciting growth in Acworth, GA and we have a need for a strong civil engineering Project Management professional.
- Responsible for the quality of civil engineering work performed, client service, utilization of staff, marketing, office reputation, contract management, billing collection, and project profitability for telecommunications engineering projects.
- Sells the services of Jacobs as a senior level Project Manager.
- Directs and coordinates activities of Project Engineers, Engineers, and Technicians to ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget.
- Performs work with the preparation of zoning and construction drawings.
- Typical duties are likely to include the following: Coordination with all complimentary disciplines (electrical, mechanical, structural and environmental), technical preparation and supervision of telecommunication design tasks and perform plan quality reviews.
- Full managerial responsibility for all aspects of the project; scope, schedule, design, quality, staff, etc.
- Initiates and reviews proposals and sales activities as well as leads and participates in interviews and presentations.
- Maintains positive relationships with current and past clients.
- Represents Jacobs at meetings, presentations, and public hearings relative to assigned projects.
- Supervises the design and ongoing progress of a project, including the coordination of the project with permitting agencies.
- Reviews plans, prepares or reviews technical specifications, contract documents, and estimates.
- Assures that project team complies with the contract agreement as well as exercises rigid cost control to implement the approved design within established budget restraints.
- Develops and mentors less experienced staff
- Completes within 12months of hire the Jacobs's Project Management Certification program
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering is required
- Local (Atlanta area) candidates required
- The successful candidate must be authorized to work for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship required.
- Licensed as a Professional Engineer (PE) is preferred
- At least 8years of wireless telecommunications preferred
- At least 5 years of progressive Project Management experience is preferred.
- Experience working in and leading large multi-disciplinary teams required
- Candidate with established local client relationships preferred
- Demonstrated strong written and oral communication skills is required