Do you have a background in Communications Systems and Infrastructure?
ICF seeks a seasoned Telecom Engineer to support our DoD client in researching and analyzing commercial and DoD telecommunications infrastructure, both domestically and internationally to understand interdependencies, vulnerabilities, and mission impacts.
This position is a mix of client site and remote work, with significant work being at the client site in Dahlgren, VA.
This is what you’ll do:
- Research and analyze information on domestic and international telecommunications infrastructure and studies of telecommunications system vulnerabilities
- Review network interdependencies and risks
- Take that information and compile it into short write-ups that will be integrated into larger reports or integrated into existing databases
- Your findings and documentation will contribute to multi-disciplinary assessments of infrastructure, helping to inform on vulnerability assessments and interdependency analyses
- There will be a variety of projects to support, so time and quality management are important
Basic Qualifications you’ll need to have:
- 5+ years of relevant experience in telecommunications including capability in 2-3 of the following areas:
- Analysis of commercial or military communications assets and networks
- Engineering & design of communications components and networks including fiber, cable, or wireless systems
- Modeling of Engineering & design of communications components and networks including fiber, cable, or wireless systems
- Use of Geospatial Information System (GIS) software in analysis efforts
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher is required
- Active Secret level security clearance is required
- Familiarity with telecommunications vulnerability assessment and risk analysis practices and tools
- Familiarity with supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA) and/or industrial control systems (ICS)
- Ability to develop procedures and guidance
- Ability to work withdatabases
- Top Secret level security clearance
Professional Skills/Experience you’ll need:
- This position requires a mix working at the client site in Dahlgren and working remotely
- Demonstrated outstanding level of professionalism in providing program support, including ability to exercise good judgment, discretion, tact, and diplomacy
- Proficiency in MS Office Applications, especially with Word and Excel
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal, and written communication skills
- Ability to successfully manage working to team and client goals while working remotely.