Not Specified years
Posted 64 days ago
Position Summary: Position will support our East Region locations.
Is a technical advisor and coordinator for corporate integrated telecommunication services including voice, data, and video. Assists in all phases of the evaluation, selection, configuration, purchase, set-up, installation, development, and maintenance of corporate telecommunication systems. Researches and evaluates new technologies and maintains expertise in corporate PBX configurations and related components. Occasionally acts as a project leader for various technical services and information services projects.
• Assists in the development of solutions to short-term problems relating to the technical services.
• Assures a high level of user satisfaction with group performance through daily monitoring of user complaints, as well as seeking out user perceptions of technical services performance as observed by manager and measured by manager’s interaction with users, departmental user meetings, and the climate survey when available.
• Provides level III telecommunication support for Information Services & Technology customers.
• Prepares and submits weekly progress reports showing activities worked on or accomplished during the previous week.
• Prepares and gives demonstrations of telecommunications hardware and software products to new and existing users.
• Supports and assists end users in the use of telecommunications hardware and software products.
• Assists in the determination of user needs for telecommunications hardware and software provided by user feedback.
• Shares knowledge of all technical services “supported products”.
• Consults with Project Managers on new projects requiring telecommunication services.
• Completes cross connects to cable plant in regards to move, add, and change requests. Oversees installation of voice cabling and drops in new and existing areas of the affiliates for telecommunication installations or modifications.
• Performs the installation, upgrading and updating of all technical services supported telecommunications hardware and software products.
• Completes ordering, inventory control, and return process for telecommunication equipment as well as the sale of decommissioned equipment utilized by the Telecommunications Engineering/Analyst team.
• Ensures telecommunication hardware and software standards are in compliance with existing and future telecommunication installations.
• Assists in the design and development of telecommunication and network infrastructure. Investigates emerging technologies and provides expertise to leadership for feasibility of potential implementation into our network and communication infrastructure.
• Compiles preventive maintenance of telecommunication equipment and performs system backups of PBX and CDR databases on a monthly basis.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
• Combination of education and experience may be considered.
• Minimum 2 years previous integrated telecommunication experience, which should include voice communications as well as local and wide area communications.
• Must have experience with Nortel PBX products including CS1000(M)(B)(E), SRG, Call Pilot, Contact Center, Signaling Servers/Media Gateways, or Telephony Manager.
Job ID REQ_85356