Telecom - Network Solution Architect
Job Title: Telecom? ?Network Solution Architect?? - Direct Hire / Full Time / Perm
Job Location: ?Santa Clara, CA?
Job Type: Full Time / Perm / Direct Hire + Benefits
"US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time."
- Solutions Engineering team is seeking for an energetic and dynamic Sr. Solutions engineer to work in Global Top-X Americas and Direct RTM West Coast, Santa Clara, Solutions Engineering team.
- The Solutions Engineering team is spread across US West/East Coast, who work with the world's largest OTT (Over-The-Top) providers, Large IT companies, Small / Medium / Large Enterprises, BFSI customers, System Integrators, Cloud Providers, and Telecom Service providers.
- He/she will own the technology relationship with customer/partner.
- In this role, he/she will act as a consultant and trusted advisor to sell and deploy Client's Network, Cloud, Mobility and UCC services.
- He/she will be a customer advocate and the interface to internal Client's groups, such as engineering, support, product management and marketing.
- He/she will work closely with various Direct accounts, Alliance and Partnership, and Account Management teams to formulate business plans to grow Client's business. The successful candidate will be a hands-on leader with outstanding Solutions Engineering skills, Global working, collaboration, and has a passion for customer success and relevant experience within the information IT / Telecom industry.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Sr. Solutions Engineer will be responsible to support Direct RTM Sales, Alliances and partnership, and account teams to long lasting partnership, to deliver innovative, creative technical design, and represent the company's solutions to customers and partners.
- Identify and develop methods to improve the entire technical partnership / sales cycles from discovery phase, through qualification, POC, solution design and technical win.
- Continuously improve overall conversion rate from qualified opportunities to technical wins
- Provide ongoing customer feedback and work closely with Client's product
- leadership teams.
- Documenting every solution.
- Support Alliances and Partnership teams in creating innovative solutions, product development, and create sales partnerships.
- Track all the opportunity funnel in SFDC (Salesforce.com)
- To work closely with the sales team in the 'Account Planning/Development' process and support their understanding of how products and services can be applied in the customer environment. To execute the agreed SE actions from that planning process.
- To maintain and develop knowledge of telecommunications products and services, specifically related to an assigned 'Subject Matter Expert' area.
- Provide product knowledge transfer to other members of the sales organization to enhance their ability to use products to create customer solutions.
- Responsible to play a key role in devising Product and Go-to-market Strategy for all key customers and imparting training to the Sales and SE and PM teams on Client's products and services, processes and tools.
- Provide executive level updates to stake holders.
- Successful creation of partnership models across Direct accounts.
- Demonstrable maintenance or enhancement of personal technical skills
- Effective working relationship with other departments participating in the sales process
- Demonstrates Company's values, maintains a positive open demeanour, encourages different points of view, moves team forward through change; provides timely information; communicates context for business decisions; recognizes accomplishments; fosters teamwork and collaboration.
- Demonstrably high level of customer confidence.
- Provide executive level updates to stake holders.
- Authority and Accountability
- To be responsible for the presentation of proposed solutions. To report activity to SE management.
- A monthly progress report to be submitted to the Head of Solutions Engineering for review and necessary action plan has to be created.
Qualification and Experience:
- Masters Degree in engineering or equivalent in computer science / networking.
- Successful track record in the telecommunications arena ideally from a global tier 1 ISP or network provider, with at least 8-10 years experience and demonstrable track record in designing complex Carrier, Enterprise and Mobile solutions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- In depth understanding and experience in the design of Global Transmission, Carrier Ethernet, TCP/IP technologies, Managed MPLS-VPN, Basic understanding of 3G/4G technologies, IP, SS7, SD-WAN, NFV, networksecurity, converged voice/video, UCC and Cloud based solutions (Azure, AWS, GCI etc..).
- Ability to understand business problems of C-level executives; discuss, present and design solutions
- Ability to work closely with Sr. Executives, with a proven knowledge of the sales cycle with contract negotiation and business case understanding.
- Experience in managing Solutions Engineering or technical teams,
- Successful track record of accelerating business growth
- Ability to influence without authority
- Must be able to present effectively in front of large groups, both technically and non-technically oriented
- Time Management Skills ? Ability to multi task and meet multiple timelines
- Strong written, oral communication skills to include presentation skills, interpersonal skills, and a
- professional business image
- Customer focused, Results oriented. Consultative approach to providing customer solutions and design
- Experience of developing long-term business relationships within key decision makers in large organisations.
- Experience of teaming effectively with others across different disciplines, functions and organisations.
- Experience with working and supporting Global Carriers, System Integrators, and Large Enterprises
- UCC, Voice/Video based collaboration technologies
- Datacentre infrastructure solutions (Hosting, Colocation and Virtualization)
- Mobility Services (mobile roaming and signalling services (4G, 3G, SCCP/Sigtran, and LTE (Diameter, IPX))
- Industry leading certifications