Join an exciting team dedicated to providing network infrastructure and technology solutions to the Department of Defense (DoD) and other customers worldwide. This position provides support to the DLA as the agency modifies and updates its networks. The Telecom Designer will be on site during site surveys, and will review upgraded infrastructure to verify adherence to standards. The Telecom Designer will also conduct random checks of all aspects of the infrastructure upgrade on a recurring basis during the entire upgrade process. During the final inspection, the Telecom Designer will draft a punch list of items needing correction in order to accomplish certification. The Telecom Designer will conduct a final walk-through with the customer.
- Participation in Site Surveys.
- Routine random inspection of infrastructure upgrades.
- Providing expert level knowledge and consult concerning certification standards.
- Reviewing Infrastructure Distribution Upgrades for completeness and adherence to standards.
- Participation in all aspects of the upgrade implementation effort to include: surveying new locations, design and planning, upgrade installation, testing, and transition.
- Conducting final walkthrough's and inspections with the customer.
- Certifying infrastructure after customer approval.
Experience Requirement: 8 Years of experience in the infrastructure design industry
Certification Requirement: BICSI RCDD
Clearance Requirement: SECRET