The Telco Cloud Operations (TCOps) development team is looking for a skilled software developer to join the team to help build and maintain API and platform operations services for TCOps and related products.
TCOps is a real-time automated service assurance solution designed to bridge the gap between the virtual and physical worlds. It provides integrated monitoring and network management across all layers for rapid insights, lower costs and improved customer experience. TCOps is built on a modern, microservice architecture, offering a web-based user interface and dashboard, high-performance streaming services, and an extensible platform for data collection, fault and performance management.Job role and responsibility
The API and operations developer will be join the a small team responsible for maintaining and developing deployment of the API broker and other common operational services for TCOps and related products. The common operational services encompass a range of common services across the TCOps platform, including common configuration, alerting, notification, backup, and common API gateway.
The successful candidate is expected to play a technical leadership role, and will be responsible for:
- Maintenance of existing features and functions
- Analysing feature requirements from product managers and external stakeholders
- Scoping and preparing estimates for new features, and actively contributing to the release planning process
- Preparing functional specifications and designs for new features, and participating in functional specification and design reviews
- Leading implementation of new features, including implementation of test automation suites
- Collaborating with system architects, management, and peer developers to drive projects to completion
- Leading small (2-3 developer) teams to deliver high-quality features and functionality on time
- Preparing user documentation and training materials
The successful candidate will be comfortable working in an Agile development environment with a geographically distributed team, in close collaboration with other development teams and external stakeholders such as release, product and program managers.Required skills
- Degree or diploma in Computer Science or related field
- 10+ years software development experience
- Extensive experience in UNIX/Linux system software development
- Extensive experience with microservice architectures, Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience defining RESTful and/or gRPC APIs, using Swagger or similar API definition tools
- Experience with git, Jenkins, JIRA and Confluence (or similar)
- Proficient in Go and/or Java
- Proficient with shell scripting, and scripting languages such as Python or Groovy
- Experience with test automation using junit or similar frameworks
- Attention to detail and quality focus
- Experience with Harbor (or similar) registry and Helm
Engineering and TechnologySubcategory: Software EngineeringExperience:
Business LeadershipFull Time/ Part Time:
Full TimePosted Date:
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what's possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.