The Manager is an individual contributor who is responsible for developing and monitoring of sourcing strategies as well as recommending product innovations based on improving technology. This is an excellent opportunity for a tech savvy individual to contribute to a strategic function in an organization that is transforming the way companies interact with their customers. The individual will administer and manage commercial contracts focusing on telecommunications (wireline/wireless) covering DIA, MPLS, Wave, Dark, Spectrum, Peering, Mobility in all regions globally. The Manager will also manage the overall business-to-business relationships between Salesforce and strategic suppliers through day-to-day interactions and supplier business reviews, while advising the Category Manager and finance on contract compliance, budgeting, maintaining the TEMs solution, billing disputes, and recommend cost-effective alternative approaches/solutions for the company.
The position shall be located in either Indianapolis, Chicago, New York or Washington D.C. area, reporting into the Telecommunication Category Manager as part of the Network and Telecommunication Sourcing team.
- Direct and implement the TEM solution, including carrier onboarding.
- Develop and build deep relationships with Network Architecture, Network Engineer and Network Operations
- Good understanding of business contract law, and experience with negotiating/reviewing carrier contract
- Maintain a 100% accurate circuit inventory at all time
- Invoice Management
- Review and monitor successful delivery of circuits, disconnects of circuits in accordance with contractual obligations
- Monitor outages for the purposes of claiming credits
- Coordinate and gather contractual performance and operational performance data and merge with data from our TEM solution to support supplier reviews
- Experience of TEM solutions
- TEM administrator
- Utilize RFI (Request for Information), RFP (Request for Proposal), and RFQ (Request for Quote) techniques to identify, select, and engage with suppliers to ensure competitive market advantage.
- Implement proactive procurement philosophies, strategies, policies, procedures, and systems.
- Influence cross-functional organizations while enhancing strong internal relationships in order to meet business requirements and cost objectives.
- Responsible for supplier management within the telecommunications category with objective to monitor and improve supplier performance where applicable.
- BA/BS degree in Supply Chain Management, or Finance, plus 5 of experience.
- Previous experience with Cloud, Content, Social, Investment Management industry a plus
- Experience in sourcing processes (i.e., RFx development and execution) and reviewing, analyzing, drafting and negotiating contract terms with respect to major projects of medium/high complexity.
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to analyze and explain pricing models and contract terms.
- Strong understanding of legal concepts as related to contract negotiations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong interpersonal skills. Strong business acumen.
- Excellent relationship management skills, as well as the ability to work collaboratively with suppliers, and internal business customer, and senior management.
- Work well under pressure, ability to multitask and skilled time manager that is comfortable working under minimal supervision.