Location: Cambridge, MA
Industry: IT DatabaseTechnology / in Healthcare.
Experience: 5+ years
Education: Background in Computer Science, Engineering, or related STEM field
Below is the new position that we have open for 2018. Basically, one of our technical online course developers. I?m looking for someone with some experience with things like Angular, React, or Java, and used to working with GitHub, Docker, etc.
rolling out new product at the end of the month - instead of buying or downloading the product, very powerful product - developing series of experiences, fulliy running version of the product. This developer will have more experience writing code while answering the question "what would a developerwant to try to or do that makes this looks easy". using docker to publish the course. We develop a program that you get to play with. The best developers like to help people learn. More human facing. A whole new way to train people on product and has lots of executive attention.
The team has a seat at the table. It's exciting. 18 people on the team now!
As a Technical Course Developer, you will create and develop online training course content for our company's customers, an audience of software developers.
You will have the unique opportunity to reshape and redesign the methods that our companys' customers are using to learn our core databasetechnology and healthcare products. With these end-users in mind, you will not only need to develop course material, but also consider assessment and presentation style. You will also interact daily with various subject matter experts across our global organization while based in our corporate headquarters in Cambridge, MA.
- Help customers understand complex technical software
- Demonstrate a deep understanding of InterSystems IRIS databasetechnology through relevant use-cases
- Design and develop online courses including demonstrations, videos, simulations and assessments
- Help develop standards of functionality, effectiveness, and appearance for online training
- Identify course objectives and assess the most effective online instructional method to achieve goals
- Conduct needs and task analysis and other research to identify and validate need for training along with what needs to be trained
- Help teach an identified target audience for a product and research their current mastery level
- Evaluate training effectiveness on an ongoing basis as well as maintain and update existing materials
- Work individually and collaboratively with a broader production and instructional design team
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs and JDBC
- Desire and ability to quickly learn new technologies while helping others
- Comfort with learning management systems LMS such as Open edX, Moodle, Totara, Cornerstone, Saba or similar technology
- Background in adult learning, online course development, or instructional design is a plus
- Comfort learning basic video production systems, and online learning tools such as SnagIt, Camtasia, and Adobe Captivate
Education and Training
- Background in Computer Science, Engineering, or related STEM field