We’re looking for an experienced manager to lead our Systems Engineering / DevOps team.
If you’ve got that exceptional ability to grasp the big picture and figure out how to deliver on that vision with exceptional teams of engineers; if you’re interested in leading a critical team’s evolution; and if you truly know how to inspire, motivate, and grow teams, then let’s talk!
Some of the Manager of TechOps responsibilities include:
- Driving the development and delivery of our TechOps strategy
- Guiding and mentoring TechOps team members
- Driving the adoption of industry best-practices
- Acting as a liaison between TechOps and other disciplines within the business
- Staffing, assessing needs and attracting and retaining top talent
- Technology research, staying on top of and making recommendations for the adoption of new technologies
- Guiding and reviewing major architectural efforts
- Coaching others to challenge the status quo, consider alternatives and make hard choices
- Hands-on contributor.
Strong candidates will have the following:
- 5+ years of hands-on technical leadership experience
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills
- Exceptional problem solving skills
- Ability to collaborate effectively in a matrix environment
- Solid knowledge of Networking, Unix and Windows Systems Administration, Databasetechnologies, Storage, Virtualization, Enterprise application deployment
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with configuration management and continuous deployment - think chef or puppet
- Experience with monitoring and trending systems (nagios, graphite, statsd)
- Strong understanding of networksecurity principles including monitoring for and mitigating potential threats within the infrastructure.
- SOX/PCI knowledge and experience
- Redundancy/DR planning and execution
- Strong understanding of how to build, scale, manage complex multi-product/service environments
- Strong, full-stack technical skills built up while successfully delivering and growing web-based products