The BostonTechnology Support Specialist is the main liaison between the Harbor Capital IT department in Chicago and the employees in Boston. They are primarilyresponsible for direct end-user support as well as the general operations of the Boston office. The individual will work as a member of the broader IT department to design, implement, deliver and manage systems supporting Harbor Capital's business units andother key corporate functions. They will perform system administration roles while being a major contributor to corporate wide projects. They will work closely with multiple levels of the organization including management teams of Harbor Capital to support key systems, implementinfrastructureimprovements and ensure business units are able to operate efficiently and effectively.
- Be responsible for service and support of operations to meet end-user services levels within established guidelines
- Install, configure and support a wide range of hardware, software and cloud based applications
- Design, implement and deliver technology solutions that support business processes.
- Provide project management and business analyst expertise to business units in implementing process improvements and applying technology to achieve strategic business objectives.
- Deliver improvements and change initiatives within and across business units by performing analysis, design and implementation activities.
- Perform solution design, implementation, delivery and management for systems supporting Harbor Capital's business units and other key corporate functions.
- Coordinate and prioritize multiple concurrent responsibilities and work efforts across multiple business units.
- Must have the ability to work independently and escalate issues to the apocopate support groups
- 4+ years working in a similar capacity in a small to medium team of IT professionals.
- Self-motivated problem solver, intelligent, ambitious, team oriented player.
- Willingness to learn about technical and business concepts outside of comfort zone.
- Candidates must have excellent organization skills, interpersonal skills, diagnostic and problem solving abilities as well as strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Candidate must be energetic, able to clearly communicate ideas and technical details to end users.
- Candidate must be willing to be on-call 24 x 7 on a rotational basis.
- Previous experience working in the mutual fund business or financial industry is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required
- Expertise with Windows operating systems – proficient at installing, configuring and troubleshooting/solving Windows OS issues.
- Experience with user provisioning and management using tools such as Active Directory Users and Computers, Airwatch, or System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM)
- Previous configuration and implementation expertise with the Microsoft Office suite.
- Previous experience supporting Market Data applications such as Factset, and Morningstar Direct preferred
- Previous experience supporting Salesforce or other CRM platforms preferred
- Solid understanding of PCs, printers, multifunction devices, hardware maintenance and repair.
- Ability to document, track and monitor problems/issues to a timely and complete resolution.
- Previous experience managing system implementations and change
- Experience supporting networking devices and other remote access components
- Expertise of smartphone and tablet devices primarily, but not limited to, iPhones and iPads
- Experience with Mac OSX preferred but not required
- Experience with VoIP and voice mail support a plus
- Working knowledge of IT infrastructure and systems integration concepts
- Working knowledge of SQL and data management
- Great organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and to work well in a team environment
- Customer facing role that lays emphasis on:
- Communication Skills - Ability to communicate complex or abstract thoughts clearly and frequently with the immediate team, management, and executives
- Excellent interpersonal skils
- Team-work – ability to assist team members on various issues and be a team player
Harbor Capital Advisors, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.