Technology Strategy & Architecture
As a member of the Technology Strategy & Architecture team, help our clients define the right technology solutions to move their business forward. Our team aligns the business needs and priorities withtechnology and enterprise architecture. You will develop strategies and roadmaps for company transformations, design advanced technology solutions, and support the execution of new technology implementations.
Our offering includes advisory services to CIOs/CTOs of client organizations on their technology strategy, enterprise architecture, new technology adoption, and helps define their technology vision and realization roadmap. The consultant should have thorough experience in senior client management; strategic consulting led propositions, enterprise architecture, and leadership in large strategic transformations.
Responsibilities: Following are the major responsibilities -
• Develop, maintain, and manage client relationships with key decision makers including the CIO/CTO-Directs especially Chief Architect, etc. You will follow natural progression, as you grow in this role, with EAs and Chief Architects to CTO/CIO level engagement.
• Serve as a futurist and a trusted advisor as it relates to rapidly evolving technology (and its business applicability) and industry market trends.
• Provide advisory services working closelywith senior leadership within the client to understand their business problems and develop solutions that make strategic and business sense
• Help drive strategic direction of major transformation activities and manage the engagement via governance to ensure delivery
• Develop technology strategy and future state architecture for the clients in alignment with their business strategic plans. Advise client in large IT transformation initiatives including Legacy Modernization, Application / Portfolio Rationalization, Cloud enablement, Integration strategy and architecture (Micro services and SOA), Mobile strategy, Data (Big Data) Strategy and Re-architecture, etc.
• Play a proactive role in developing market-leading sales collateral for building scale and awareness of technology strategy and architecture consulting capabilities
• Lead or participate in developing presentations/white papers and articles for conferences / publications (internal and external)
• Help lead business development initiatives focused on technologyarchitecture and strategy targeting CTO organization (EAs, strategy and Chief Architect) and create value propositions that are a win-win for the client and TCS
• Keep current with enterprise technologies and trends. Drive POCs for continually building and improving reference architectures and position next gen IT solutions.
• Work closelywith TCS’s teams at all levels to help ensure the success of project consulting engagements with customers. Facilitate the communication flow between TCS’s technology teams and the clients.
• Develop, communicate and deploy architectural governance processes, tools, standards and policies. Identify technical skill gaps at internal TCS’s teams (onsite and offshore) and help with coaching, mentoring and training technical associates to bridge the gaps.
• Provide thought leadership; publish articles and influence clients, industry analysts and experts. Develop reusable assets, white papers and frameworks.
Must Have Qualifications
• 15+ years of experiencewith at least 5years of IT technologyarchitecture and strategy consulting in client facing roles working for leading management consulting firms
• At least 3years of client facing PS experience as Chief Architect
• At least 5years of experience in leading IT technologyarchitecture and digital transformation, optimization for large multi-national organizations.
• Demonstrate experience of providing advisory services at Chief Architect level which generate profitable revenue in their own right and also drive downstream revenue for development, implementation and support services.
• A good understanding of all the domains of EA (business, information/data, application and technology) and expertise in one or more domains
• Experience of working in geographically and culturally diverse organizations
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university, preferably in Computer Science, or other related engineering field
• Published whitepapers in industry leading journals and participation in conferences and seminars
Nice to Have Qualifications
• Experience in delivering technology consulting engagements in the following industry verticals
o Consumer and Packaged Goods
o Travel, Transportation and Hospitality
• Extensive experiencewith EA frameworks such as TOGAF, or Zachman
• Master’s degree in Business Administration from an accredited college/university is preferred
• Strong business acumen, with analytical and problem solving skills
• Demonstrable leadership skills and comfortable in managing senior level client relationships
• Outstanding communication skills both oral and written along with the ability to tailor the message to various audiences
• Comfort in working in dealing with uncertainty and information gaps
• Ability to work and team with a multitude of different people from various parts if the Business and IT