The Technology Solution Delivery Manager is responsible for the successful definition, delivery and support of software solutions to end-user clients to meet business needs. Manages relationships with multiple business stakeholders; assembles and manages a cross functional team required to complete client work; defines implementation plans, effort, and cost; manages risks and problems, assess the quality of the work and ensures the final product meets client expectations. Maintains an awareness of other projects and activities within the division and their possible effect on ongoing department work. Promotes and provides an environment conducive to teaming within a matrix organization.
Knowledge of commercial lines insurance products, processes and systems would be beneficial.
• Offer to selected candidate will be made contingent on the results of applicable background checks
• Offer to selected candidate in contingent on signing a non-disclosure agreement for proprietary information, trade secrets, and inventions
• Our policy restricts consideration of applicants needing employment sponsorship (visas) to specialty occupations. Sponsorship will not be considered for this position
• Relocation assistance is available
Specialized Knowledge and Skills Requirements
- Demonstrated experience providing customer-driven solutions, support or service
- Demonstrated experience defining application technology/business solution requirements.
- Demonstrated experience managing relationships with internal and external partners.
- Demonstrated management or leadership experience.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of processing systems and application-to-application integration.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of systems development life cycle (SDLC).
- Solid knowledge and understanding of technologies, current and new, that can be used in the delivery of business solutions.
Additional Job Information:
Candidates selected for an interview with the hiring manager will be asked to complete a leadership skills assessment.
Project Delivery & Support (25%)
- Owns a portfolio of projects, managing multiple concurrent projects with shared resources.
- Identifies and requests the skill sets needed to optimally staff an approved client project. This includes acquiring the appropriate resources from the division's resource pools, acquiring client resources, and acquiring other resources (i.e. vendor consultants, etc.) that may be needed for a given project.
- Ensures the quality, timeliness and cost of projects meet client and business requirements. Leads or assists with project problem resolution by gathering pertinent information, consulting with impacted areas, considering alternatives and making timely and accurate recommendations.
- Renegotiates resources, scope, timeline, or other project variables when needed and assists with conflict resolution.
- Ensures project communications on status and issues are delivered to business clients and management in a timely manner.
Relationship Management (20%)
- Manages relationships with multiple business stakeholders, understanding their business drivers and the future direction of the business. Recommends products and services to satisfy client business needs.
- Reviews all of the activities that the I/S Division is performing on behalf of the client. Provides a single point of contact and single voice for mass communications directed to clients.
- Resolves problems in relationships between clients and the I/S Division. Focuses on customer satisfaction and keeping customers informed of impacts to their business.
- Develops and maintains strong relationships with other I/S departments.
- Provides an environment conducive to teaming within a matrix organization.
Application Technology (15%)
- Oversees the delivery of accurate and reliable technology solutions to meet business needs.
- Oversees the resolution of second and third-level support issues. Ensures that application outages and problems are resolved to client satisfaction.
- Provides expertise regarding supported products, services and data as required to support the needs of the division and the organization.
- Provides guidance and technical leadership to resources. Maintains an awareness of other projects and activities and their possible effect on ongoing department work. Understands relationships between own unit and corporate wide systems.
- Provides change facilitation to technical solutions or services by defining the potential impact of a proposed solution on the client, business and I/S division.
Management/Leadership for Department or Unit (15%)
- Manages direct reports, systems, and projects to achieve department/unit goals in accordance with Company policies and practices.
- Prepares and analyzes department/unit plans and reports.
- Provides leadership by exhibiting influence and expertise, thus affecting the results of the operating area.
- Creates an effective work environment by developing a common vision, setting clear objectives, expecting teamwork, recognizing outstanding performance, and maintaining open communications.
- Develops staff through coaching, providing performance feedback, providing effective performance assessments, and establishing performance & development plans.
Client Technology Strategy (10%)
- Assists with the creation of divisional technology visions (i.e. roadmaps) and/or conducts needs assessment interviews with VPs and Directors.
- Provides information and analysis regarding areas of opportunity and improvement within our organization and with our products and services.
- Monitors technology trends through active participation in technical associations and review of technical publications.
- Collaborates with other technologists and service providers to identify markets for current and/or potential solutions and services to include applications, infrastructure and mass market offerings and how to best capture those market(s).
- Identifies potential market research opportunities for technology solution providers. Assists in the development of the research methodology.
Vendor Product Selection and Management (10%)
- Oversees vendor selection process. This may include external contract negotiation.
- Establishes and maintains professional business relationships with software vendors.
- Produces cost estimates for products and maintains maintenance agreement payments.
- Oversees architecture study components and notice of need completion.
- Delivers presentations on technological advances to I/S leadership and clients.
- Resolves contractual issues involving technology vendors and consultants.
- Assists clients with product evaluation and selection.
Strategies Linked to the Division's Business Goals/Results (5%
- Establishes, communicates, and implements departmental plans, objectives, and strategies.
- Participates as a member of the Management Team.
- Maintains an active awareness of American Family's business environments, corporate culture, and structure to support key decision-making.