Founded in 2004 and trusted by Fortune 500 companies, Pluralsight is the technology skills platform organizations and individuals in 150+ countries count on to create progress for the world.
The Technology Skills Strategy Consultant - Data possesses an enterprise-level understanding of the skills that are demanded by technology professionals across a variety of industries. In general, this translates to a working knowledge of skills needed to support functional disciplines such as software development, cyber-security, data science and analytics, and information technology. For a given discipline, this individual can distinguish different skill development needs based on targeted job roles and experience levels.
The Technology Skills Strategy Consultant - Data acts as an expert consultant, assisting Pluralsight business customers to achieve their skill development objectives and stay current on the latest technologies and associated methodologies. This is accomplished by assessing corporate technology goals, providing expert guidance and making recommendations that will assist the customer in optimizing the value they recognize from the Pluralsight platform. This also requires a strong ability to manage relationships across internal sales, content and product teams.
Who you are:
- Excellent business acumen with ability to translate complex technical subjects or features into value-based, strategic conversations.
- Experience with the processes of technical needs assessments, software system analysis, or requirements gathering.
- Ability to quickly understand true root causes of customer content requests and deliver consultative, executive-level recommendations.
- Self-starter who is able to effectively time manage, prioritize, produce with autonomy, and provide visibility to key initiatives.
- Strong operational aptitude balanced by a highly-effective interpersonal skill set.
What you'll own:
- Serving as an expert internally and externally on the resources available through the Pluralsight Technology Learning Platform.
- Regularly consulting with prospective and existing customers, reinforcing the value Pluralsight provides in building applicable technology skills across all skills levels and disciplines.
- Conducting discovery sessions with our customers to understand business objectives and create a clear path to success through the effective delivery of Services.
- Providing specific, in-depth course & strategic implementation recommendations, as requested by Pluralsight customers.
- Functioning as the escalation point and primary liaison between sales and content leadership. This includes being the first resource to the sales team in answering content-related questions.
- Defining and reporting on key performance indicators, e.g. customer facing utilization, project hours, performance to SLAs, customer engagement effectiveness, etc.
- Regularly engage with and support Pluralsight sales teams, via meetings, coaching / mentoring sessions, and ongoing strategic guidance.
- Identifying training opportunities, product enhancements, and sales collateral that is beneficial to Pluralsight corporate sales goals, and assist in various capacities to produce / implement those new programs, features, and assets.
- Serving as an input to product marketing to produce and maintain tools and other deliverables to support sales needs (FAQs, competitive comparisons, etc.).
- Work with content leadership to influence strategic decisions such as author onboarding, course development, and library roadmap.
- Work with your team to build scalable solutions and enhance existing services.
Experience you'll need:
- 3+ years' experience providing enterprise level consulting in a technology capacity.
- 3+ years' experience with Data Analysis, Big Data, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, or Cloud Data skills and technologies.
Working at Pluralsight
Our platform helps technologists master their craft and take control of their careers. We empower businesses everywhere to build adaptable teams, speed up release cycles and become scalable, reliable and secure. We come to work everyday knowing we're helping our customers build the skills that power innovation.
And we don't let fear, egos or drama distract us from our mission. Our mission to democratize technology skills is what drives us and our values are at the helm of how we work together. It's our commitment to practicing them day in, day out that enables our performance. We're adults, and we treat each other that way. We have the autonomy to do our jobs, transparency to eliminate office politics and trust each other to do the right thing. We thrive in an environment with creativity around every corner, challenges that keep us on our toes, and peers who inspire us to be the best we can be. We bring different viewpoints, backgrounds and experiences, and united by our mission, we are one.