Essential Job Functions:
- Ensure adherence to architecture standards and roadmaps.
- Design and successfully implement overall infrastructure/middleware components for each project with infrastructure teams, ensuring that the overall solution is designed to meet service-level agreements (SLA) concerning performance and uptime, disaster recovery (DR) specifications, and scalability needs required by the solution.
- Ensure that post-production operational processes/deliverables are well designed and implemented prior to the project moving into the solution support phase.
- Define and create operational procedures, processes, and scripts.
- Follow appropriate change/release management practices.
- Support and maintain infrastructure solutions utilizing required tools and technologies.
- Develop and maintain deployed technology list for each infrastructure discipline.
- Assist in the evaluation, selection, and implementation of new technologies with infrastructure teams to ensure adherence to architecture guidelines for the introduction of new technologies.
- Evaluate vendors’ technical and support capabilities.
- Provide technical leadership on establishing standards and guidelines.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- 4years’ experience in support and/or engineering for the specific technical discipline: security, database, network, collaboration, desktop, storage, backup / recovery, mainframe platforms, UNIX platforms, AS/400 platforms, Windows platforms, web engineering, Citrix, directory services, and integration (enterprise application integration (EAI), batch and real-time solutions)
- Communicate information to customers and associates at all levels within the organization through effective communication and presentation skills
- Provide off hour support (24/7) as needed
- Ability to understand company business problems and identify probable technical solutions to those problems
Desired Previous Job Experience & Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in information systems (IS) or related equivalent work experience in an IS position.
- Technical knowledge of procedural, web, and client server development languages and methodologies
- Professional knowledge of data modeling and design and business process engines
- Certification within discipline