Reporting into the Head of SanctionTechnology this individual willpartner with Global Financial Crimes Division (GFCD)Technology Oversight team to deliver solutions with the highest quality and transparency across several initiatives in sanction technology. Responsible for fostering an environment of collaboration and teamwork between technology and GFCD. Perform duties of Senior Technical Leader, which may include leading multiple Sr. Systems Development and Delivery Managers. Working in a well-defined SDLC, ensures that all project deliverables including requirements, design, and code are completed with the appropriate level of detail and quality. Has a deep hands ondeveloper or engineering background and is able to drill down and on technology issues and challenge design details at all levels. Identifiesrisks and challenges to delivering projects resolving and escalating as appropriate
- Will manage teams of employees, contractors, and vendors responsible for ensuring that the development, maintenance, modifications and implementation of applications programs and services are performed within project milestone dates.
- Partner with PMO organization during project planning to develop staffing plan, budget, and project timelines.
- Drive the requirement documentation with business and BAs to ensure that the scope is appropriately defined and all aspects of the project are covered.
- Engage multiple internal technology teams including infrastructure, middleware, DBA, and UNIX admin to design and maintain solutions, provide appropriate staffing levels to projects, and debug technology issues as they arise.
- Own the delivery of all project documents including functional and detailed design documents ensuring that the design meets requirements and is detailed enough to provide to development teams.
- Own all design and architectural decisions. Drill down and challenge design details to ensure the appropriate level of detailed analysis has been completed.
- Oversee development, testing, and implementation phases ensuring that all deliverables meet expectations.
- Manages multiple vendors, negotiates and ensures adherence to SOWs
- Review analysis performed by business and systems analysts and subordinate managers to ensure all aspects of the project development phase have been considered.
- Assesses the impact of new application systems, technology, physical location changes and priority changes on contingency plan. This role will be responsible for analyzing exposure/risk/vulnerability of applications to the overall success and existence to the Bank. This individual ensures that applications needed to support the essential needs of the Bank are provided in times of system failure or disaster.
- Responsible for developing short-medium term goals and objectives for staff. Will perform the standard managerial functions such as performance appraisals, salary increases, transfers, promotions, new hires and terminations of staff members as needed. This role will also establish criteria to measure group performance.
- Knowledge of regulations governing Risk and Security technology
- Strong knowledge of the inherent risks with current Compliance practices
- Ability to recognize a crisis when it happens and know how to lead in a crisis
- Ability to inspire and motivate others
- Ability to educate peers and stakeholders on the value of IT
- Bachelor’s degree. M.B.A. or M.S. is preferred.
- 10 years or 15 plus years of IT management and business/industry work experience is required; Qualified candidate will typically have at least 10 years of experience managing multiple, medium to large, cross-functional teams with ability to influence senior to executive level management and key stakeholders.
- Payment/Wires Processing technology or Compliance technology experience building Sanctions and OFAC technology globally
- Hands on experience with UNIX, Oracle, Websphere, Java, MQ
- Experience implementing projects in Agile methodologies
- Hands on experience with sanction screening platforms such as Hotscan, Fircosoft, or Bridger is preferred