The Technology Risk Manager, AVP, will be responsible for supporting the ongoing management of IT risk and compliance initiatives including compliance with the Technology Risk Policy as well as technology and information security solutions. This role provides a unique opportunity to gain exposure to a number of risk disciplines by working across the Global Markets’ first line of defense risk team to lead the resolution of issues associated with IT, information security, operational, and regulatory risks, participate in the new integrated risk assessment process, and support corporate projects including implementation of the Archer Governance Risk and Compliance (GRC) tool.
A successful candidate will need to take initiative, exercise independent thinking, juggle multiple tasks, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment. The Technology Risk Manager must have strong interpersonal and organizational skills and be interested in working in a professional and team-oriented environment.
Global Market’s Technology Risk Manager will be responsible for leading the resolution of issues, improving the control environment, and supporting implementation of corporate projects. The role will be expected to understand corporate policies and programs and have the opportunity to work withrisk professionals across State Street to leverage existing solutions and share best practices. In addition, this position will help ensure that adequate and effective controls are in place to manage and mitigate technology risks.
The Technology Risk Manager will have the following principal duties and responsibilities:
- Support the implementation of key technology risk and business control initiatives
- Lead the resolution of IT risk issues and control deficiencies
- Partner with the Global Markets businesses to identify and document issues and develop action plans
- Support Global Markets Business Control Executive and Business Risk Managers in the implementation of key IT compliance and information security policies and standards
- Participate in the new integrated risk assessment process
- Work with GlobalTechnology Services, Compliance, Corporate Information Security, and EnterpriseRisk Management to provide feedback on policies and standards, understand best practices, andsupportGM compliance
This position may also be engaged in the following:
- Implementation of the Archer GRC tool
- Development of enhanced reporting
- Participation in Global Markets risk committees
- Perform additionalresponsibilities asrequired
- Bachelor’s degree
- 8-10 years IT or business risk, information security, and/or auditexperience
- Knowledge of IT risk best practices within the financial services industry,
- Knowledge of Global Markets businesses and applications
- Experience in a global organization a plus
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Communication, influencing, and collaboration skills
- Strong Excel and Microsoft Office skills