The Wolters Kluwer Global Platform Organization co-creates products and solutions with Wolters Kluwer businesses around the globe to serve professionals in the Legal, Tax, Heath, Finance and Compliance sectors. This wide and growing array of solutions supports Wolters Kluwer businesses in building and expanding their online product portfolios. The Global Platform Organization (GPO) provides global leverage of industry and customer insight, driving technology capabilities for local product innovation.
The GPO's Project Management Office (PMO) has been created to focus on the organization's critical and urgent priorities. The PMO performs project management and drives organizational effectiveness and accountability throughout the enterprise. Reporting into the Portfolio Manager you will be responsible for the planning process, overall coordination, project tracking, status and budget reporting, and on-time delivery of IT related projects. The ideal candidate will have proficiency in Agile development methodologies, self-reliant in using project tools and the ability to juggle multiple projects and priorities at a time. Candidate will also support the adoption and help drive Agile project management practices for the organization.
- Leads both software development and IT Operations project teams through the Initiation / Ideation / Proposal process
- Holds team accountable for timely completion and approval of proposal
- Collaborates with sponsor to document project goals and objectives, aligned to market and financial expectations and needs
- Establishes plan for proposal development, including scope, schedule, budget and quality deliverables
- Ensures a realistic plan for product execution is created
- Supports project teams through the execution of the project
- Holds team accountable for execution of product development plan
- Works with functional resource leads to obtain specific resources once project is approved
- Identifies deviations from plan and collaborates with project team to course correct
- Work with Product Owners, Scrum Masters, and technology leadership to prepare for and facilitate reporting of project status to the business and stakeholders.
- Ensure productivity by fostering cross-team communication, empowerment, and accountability. Help teams manage and resolve conflicts.
- Manages cross-functional interdependencies
- Stakeholder engagement: Build relationships at executive and senior management levels. Identify stakeholder communication strategy and develop effective stakeholder engagement levels
- Responsible for incorporating existing process workflows or, when none exist, develops and documents new process workflows incorporating cross-functional activities to achieve end-to-end project management
- Reinforce standards and best practices for project and program management
- Education: Bachelor's degree
- At least 5 years project management related experience for software development or IT Operations projects
- Strong knowledge working with Scrum or Kanban and clear understanding of Agile concepts and principles
- Desired experience working with ITSM (request, problem, incident and change management), and facilitating product handover to operations and support.
- Demonstrable experience of working in complex global environment
- Strong experience with finance, cost metrics
- Proven experience managing multiple priorities effectively and performing under tight deadlines
- Team orientated, willing to align work with teams profile, priorities and goals
- Other Knowledge, Skills, Abilities or Certifications:
- Excellent leadership, communication, organization, and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to communicate at all levels of the organization (including senior management) on issues of strategy, risk, process, and ongoing operations.
- Ability to work independently with little guidance and supervision
- Strong analytical, troubleshooting, problem solving, decision making and negotiating skills
- Able to influence, negotiate and build consensus
- Clear and effective communication, verbal and written
- Desired experience with Confluence and Jira
- Desired familiarity with ServiceNow or other ITSM systems