5 - 7 years
Posted 233 days ago
In this Project Manager role you contribute to a dynamic team in an Agile environment. This will consist of developing comprehensive metric reporting for both internal continuous improvement and externally facing output statistics. You will play a key role in promoting the work in Technology and Product and will have the opportunity to grow your program management, consulting, leadership and business acumen. The Role
As a Project Manager, you will play a key role for our Benefits Accounts business by serving as the link between client teams, the product team, and technology team members in the delivery of projects and product features. You will develop comprehensive metric reporting for both internal continuous improvement and externally facing output statistics. You will play a key role in promoting the work in Technology and Product and will have the opportunity to grow your program management, consulting, leadership and business acumen.
• Drive superior, consistent project management for concurrent projects
• Manage Product & Technology initiatives
• Manage feature pilot programs
• Assist in the roll out of Product Releases
• Create and maintain metric reporting standards for Product & Technology team
• Develop a trusted advisor relationship with client and operations teams contacts through efficient, quality execution of projects, effective communication, and value added consulting advice
• Provide value added consulting to client teams concerning new technology capabilities and product features and functionality, including contributing to best practices, marketplace providers, cost and return on investment issues, pros and cons of solutions, etc.
• Efficiently and effectively trouble shoot and resolve project issues
• Contribute to the development of new tools, processes and solutions
• Follow firm and line of business processes, protocols and quality standards in the development and deployment of solutions
• Motivate and provide developmental direction to team members
• Participate in local, regional and national meetings as requested
• Partner with colleagues from other Service Lines and regions on assignments that achieve the organizations broader business success
• Work with subject matter experts to come up with core technology or feature costing
• Responsible for independently devising project plan, meeting and implementation schedule, and success benchmarks, to ensure steady progress and successful completion of projects.
• Regularly review processes, independently identify potential breakdowns and devise proactive solutions.
• Mentor and train new project management team members as team grows and matures.
• 5 years’ experience leading projects involving the application of technology to solve business needs.
• Experience in Agile product development lifecycle
• Proven experience in successfully leading Technology and Product project teams with multifaceted, competing priorities and deadlines, including virtual work teams with members in different geographic regions
• Skilled in the design and deployment of technology solutions in support of internal/external customers in collaboration with vendors
• Strong interpersonal and client management skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong analytical, integrative and problem solving skills
• Strong organizational abilities and flexibility to work in a performance driven environment
• Sense of accountability, owning one’s work and taking pride in it; commitment to quality and continuous improvement
• Desire to learn, accept new challenges, and have fun
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in business, management information systems, human resources management, benefits administration or related field; Master’s degree a plus
• Proficient in MS Office (including Excel), MS Project, and Atlassian products like JIRA/Confluence desired
• Ability to travel and work extended hours as needed
• Prior experience with any of the following:
o Consulting environment and working with external customers
o Working with offshore teams
o Implementing / ERP or larger scale accounting solutions