You are responsible for managing and driving the successful and timely delivery of large business and technology-driven projects, inclusive of but not limited to: SaaS implementations, strategic cloud/hosting initiatives, infrastructure upgrades, and process automation. You set the tone for your projects, guided by our supporting PM tools, methodology and support from team members, cross-functional leaders and senior executives. Project charter sign-off, purposeful kickoffs, consolidating project team time reporting and financials, and leading through clear and consistent communications about goals, responsibilities, performance, expectations and feedback are all in your wheelhouse. You meet with and provide regular project updates to all levels of business and IT management, which is something you find empowering and beneficial for your growth. You consistently demonstrate your ability to challenge, inspire, enable, model and lead your project team in common purpose toward the right objective, while also keeping a curious eye on other programs and projects, looking for intersections, blockers and opportunities to drive efficiencies.
The key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Creating and tracking to detailed project plans, including schedules, logs, cost estimates, resources, communications, risk mitigation and issue resolution aligned with team SOP.
- Proactively managing changes and shifts in the project, inclusive of scope, resource constraints, issues and executive sponsor request through transparent and consistent communications.
- Applying expert level understanding of the PMBOK knowledge areas and key processes.
- Consistently and effectively communicating project status, key issues/risks, required decisions and project objectives with sponsors, upper management, and senior executives.
- Partnering, as needed, with the IT Service Effectiveness Team to ensure the appropriate organizational readiness and change management activities are in place to support the successful go-live of your project(s).
- Facilitating the creation and approval of migration runbooks, if applicable, that highlight the correct sequencing of migration or cut-over activities, owners, and rollback plans.
- Facilitate meetings and follow up with resulting action items.
- Coaching, mentoring, motivating, and supervising project team members and contractors, and influencing them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work.
- Looking for and acting on opportunities within the department for continuous improvements in key processes, techniques and procedures, enhancing the department’s capabilities to meet organizational needs.
- 5+ years of project management experience, with a minimum of 3-5 years of direct experience delivering global IT infrastructure, security, telecommunications, networking, data center migration, application implementation, and/or M&A integration projects.
- Ability to apply project management methodology and best practices (exposure to Agile and Waterfall methodologies preferred) with the ability to tailor for Ceridian.
- Strong public speaking and presenting skills a must. Can articulate project status, risks, issues and roadblocks in a direct and concise manner.
- Thrives in an ambiguous and fast-paced work environment.
- Shown success in creating efficient business processes and willing to challenge the status quo.
- Extensive experience managing risks, issues, and decisions
- Proven ability to complete multiple tasks under time constraints
- PMI certification preferred
- Ability to apply technical and business subject matter expertise to inform and/or influence projects
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Advanced proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, Word, MS Project and Visio
- Budget tracking and cost benefit analysis