Corporate Systems Product Manager
Williams-Sonoma, Inc is looking for a talented, high performing Product Manager to join our San Francisco based Corporate Systems team. The Product Manager will have responsibility for one or more domains within the Corp Systems area. These include Financial Reporting, Treasury and Payment Fraud Management. This role is focused on delivering diverse projects of varying scope and complexity, most of which involve multiple teams and applications.
We're looking for a candidate who can synthesize cross-group data points and business requirements into a cohesive, actionable roadmap for their product/domain. The right candidate will have a passion for delivering complete, timely and clear analysis and will have a point of view on solutions and impacts. The Product Manager will coordinate with multiple business departments such as Finance, eCommerce, Supply Chain, system architects, vendors and matrixed development teams to define, scope, and deliver key initiatives.
* Analyzes and defines efficient, cost effective solutions to support company objectives, business processes and functional requirements
* Uses detailed knowledge of application features and functions to assess scope and impact of business needs.
* Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors
* Uses critical thinking and solid judgement in all aspects including design, communication, problem-solving and escalations
* Produces workflow, process diagrams and gap analysis reporting.
* Conducts and participates in the analysis of business processes and functional requirements. Prepares appropriate documentation to communicate and validate the information.
* Proactively identifies overlapping or dependent processes.
* Designs and writes specifications for interfaces and data conversion needs
* Demonstrates excellent interpersonal, business communication, presentation and writing skills
* Frequently interacts with customers, and/or functional peer group managers, normally involving matters between functional areas or internal customers
* Reviews and validates QA test plans. Supports the QA team during test execution.
* Develops UAT test plans and use cases. Coordinates and leads UAT with the business partners.
* Identifies, communicates, and coordinates with all affected stakeholders for a project. May interact with IT and business leadership at all levels
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Qualifications / Skills:
* Solid knowledge of product management best practices, functional design and application delivery methodology
* Knowledge of financial systems, accounting and payment processing strongly preferred
* Knowledge of project management methodology and some project management experience preferred.
* Excellent interpersonal verbal and written communication skills
* Bachelor's or Master's degree
* Typically requires minimum of 3 years of related experience
* Demonstrates excellent judgment and a high level of integrity.
* Proven ability to innovate and think outside the box while delivering results
* Excellent analysis, problem solving and decision-making skills
* Strong planning & organizational skills
* Works well independently
* Ability to perform work effort sizing and develop estimates
* Familiarity with SOX, PII and Payment Card Industry Security Standards (PCI)