Overview: Works with senior IP staff to develop, maintain, and protect company intellectual property. Assists with the review of applicable documents including patent applications, trade secrets, trademarks, copyrights, licensing and research agreements. Assists department with pre-patent filing reviews and legal advice to business with respect to patent applications.
- Works with senior IP staff to develop and maintain processes to identify and protect company intellectual property.
- Communicates with the business?s technical and product management personnel to identify risks and opportunities related to intellectual property.
- Assists with reviewing invention disclosures and providing legal advice to business on defensive publications and filing patent applications.
- Provide training and guidance for IT tools used by Zebra for managing inventions and patents.
- Assists with pre-patent filing reviews and legal advice to business on filing patent applications.
- Assists senior IP staff in drafting, filing and prosecuting patent applications.
- Assists with the drafting and review of documents related to patents, trade secrets, trademarks, copyrights, licensing agreements and research agreements.
- Assists senior IP staff in managing the work of outside counsel and other contractors related to intellectual property, patent preparation and prosecution, and annuity payment.
- Reviews technical information and patent literature to evaluate patents of competitors and assess potential issues for the business
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Preferred Education:
- Bachelor?s degree or equivalent work experience and registration as patent attorney or patent agent
- Preferred Work Experience (years):
- 2 + years of experience.
- Key Skills and Competencies:
- Strong technical aptitude.
- Professional written and oral communications skills.
- Ability to problem solve and research skills.
- Strong PC skills including current Microsoft Office applications