The Technology Manager will be responsible for the overall planning, organization and execution of all information technology functions within the company. This will range from providing support and maintenance of existing applications and systems, to analysis, presentation, and setup of new technology solutions.
This position is both a hands-on role implementing and maintain systems, networks, and applications as well as a management role, including the over site of several staff members and the creation and execution of project plans that detail steps required to implement and achieve technology initiatives. The staff members within the department are distributed globally, requiring the ability to manage a virtual team, have a highly flexible schedule, the flexibility to work at odd hours, and be comfortable being called on 24/7 as needed.
- Provide company-wide direction and support in the areas of policy, planning and security for the corporate network, help desk and support systems, information systems, upgrades and maintenance, and end-user hardware and software.
- Be responsible for directing the design, development, maintenance and upgrades of systems, programs, software and processes that are necessary to support and facilitate the company’s business processes and operations. As part of this leadership, this position will review industry trends as well as new and emerging technologies to make appropriate recommendations to the company’s senior management.
- Communicate with senior management and department managers regarding their needs, business processes, technology plans, and proposed changes, to ensure clear communication across the enterprise and to ensure that the company’s technology meets the overall business needs on an ongoing basis.
- Be responsible for the preparation of the technology budget, advising senior leadership of ongoing operating costs, upgrade and maintenance costs, and planned improvement and project costs.
- Manage, oversee and participate in the maintenance and operation of the company’s on-premise equipment as well as the virtualized environment and cloud infrastructure operating within Amazon Web Services.
- Review, update and establish as required new policies, standards, and security procedures. They will also ensure that the administrative policies are compliant with the company’s audit, insurance, contractual, security and other governance principles.
- Monitor, manage and maintain all network computer resources including servers, desktops, laptops, VoIP phones, mobile phones, printers, security cameras and any other device that may connect to the corporate technology systems or network.
- Be the primary electronic records custodian within the organization, ensuring the proper protection, security and operational continuity of all electronic information and related systems. To that end, this position will have primary responsibility for the security policy, user account management, information access control and data protection. As part of this responsibility, this position will also be required to develop and implement the backup, disaster recovery and business continuity systems and plans.
- Be directly responsible for the mobilization of new field offices and project sites globally. While much of this activity may be performed by subcontractors, it requires the ability to plan and coordinate the setup and demobilization of remote offices with both domestic and foreign technology subcontractors. This requires the ability to clearly communicate with service providers who speak English as a second language and coordinate the logistics and delivery of needed technology equipment to remote locations. At times this will require great creativity and the ability to travel both domestically and internationally.
- Controlled & Classified Information
- Candidates must have had, currently have, or be eligible to receive a secret security clearance with the U.S. Department of Defense.
- Ideal candidates will be familiar with the handling requirements for both controlled unclassified and classified U.S. Government and foreign government information. They should be familiar with the obligations of the Information System Security Manager or Office (ISSM/ISSO) and the relevant policies and procedures such as the NISPOM, NIST 800-53, and NIST 800-171 and the RMF accreditation and oversight processes.
- Experience in managing technology systems that adhere to the Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification (CMMC) guidelines is also a plus.
- Detailed Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in information systems management.
- 10+ Years of relevant experience with progressively greater responsibility.
- 5+ Years of Windows Server and Active Directory Administration.
- 5+ Years of Linux Server Administration.
- Experience Administering Office 365.
- A solid understanding of wide area enterprise networking.
- A proficiency with Microsoft Windows and Office Products.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Be self-directed, organized and exceptionally motivated to accomplish goals.
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced, challenging environment.
- Willingness to travel domestically and internationally.