Sasol offers a comprehensive total rewards package with market-related compensation and benefits that are consistent across our sites in the USA. The total rewards package is competitive within our industry and is designed to attract and retain our most valuable assets - our employees. Come be a part of our Growing Team!!!
- Perform administrative and technical supervision to the Process Control and Automation resources that supportinfrastructure for process control and automation systems across all units in LCCC. This is a multi-disciplinary group consisting of engineers, specialists, technicians, and service providers.
- Ensure that appropriate resource allocation is in place to adequately support and maintain infrastructure for process control and automation systems and support capital project related activities. This includes staffing of positions, cross-training coordination, and continuous professional development of the overall team skill set while supporting a High Performance Culture.
- The infrastructuresupported includes cybersecurity, alarm management, HMI, Process Information Management Systems (PIMS), manufacturing automation, and safety systems. Documentation and measurement of PSM compliance is required.
- Maintain process control and automation infrastructure and uptime to prevent loss of data across business.
- Develop, maintain, monitor, and report Process Control & Automation metrics (dashboard) for each of the units to help improve the performance and reliability of the process control systems and to communicate these metrics to management.
- Fill a coordination role with others on governance, compliance requirements, procedures, and activities within the role of process control including capital projects. Be able to report these measures as required.
- Routinely assess and report recommendations for process control infrastructure improvements or necessary software/hardware upgrades for strategic planning that fits into the capital budget plan. Create pre-feasibility documentation as needed for the Sasol Business Development & Implementation Model and assess potential internal/external resource allocation as needed.
- Collaborate with the Unit Support Manager and the Senior Manager, Process Control & Automation to establish group standards to comply with corporate governance, ensure regulatory compliance, and comply with legal requirements. Develop timeline targets for implementation in the legacy units.
- Champion technologies that will be used to take Sasol North America to the next exceptional level of performance which may include attending seminars, sharing best practices from professional memberships, or participating in internal Community of Practice group(s)
EXPERIENCE AND/OR EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical or Electrical Engineering or equivalent field such as Information Management, a Professional Engineering License is beneficial.
- 10 years or greater relevant engineering experience and some managerial experiencedesired
- Significant experience or working knowledge of manufacturing execution systems, safety systems, and cybersecurity.
- Strong interpersonal skills, managerial skills, teamwork skills, and the ability to interface across operating environments & disciplines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills