Description & Requirements
Who we are
lululemon is an innovative performance apparel company for yoga, running, training, and other athletic pursuits. Setting the bar in technical fabrics and functional design, we create transformational products and experiences that support people in moving, growing, connecting, and being well. We owe our success to our innovative product, emphasis on stores, commitment to our people, and the incredible connections we make in every community we're in. As a company, we focus on creating positive change to build a healthier, thriving future. In particular, that includes creating an equitable, inclusive and growth-focused environment for our people.
About this team/role
A core pillar of lululemon’s technology Strategy is to provide strong and scalable cloud foundations. Leveraging cloud, we create and manage platforms servicing our internal stakeholders with a customer-first mindset. We enable and empower teams to become self-sufficient, while providing guardrails to protect the organization.
As part of the core cloud platform team, Lululemon is seeking an extraordinary technology manager to manage operations and security of the enterprise cloud.
Our team is responsible for developing tools to manage and mitigate risks faced by lululemon when deploying complex, mission critical applications. In this role, you will be the delivery owner for lifting the security and operations for our modern cloud platform delivery with a focus on scalability, security, reliability, and reduction of repetitive manual work.
This is a highly technical, hands-on role that requires a wide and deep experience in managing infrastructure and security across cloud services. This position requires practical knowledge of automation, software engineering, operations, security concepts, and technologies.
You will define and operationalize a best-in-class cloud center of enablement focusing on cloud operations and security, influencing leaders & empowering engineers across the enterprise; You will own a 3-5 year cloud roadmap and responsible for improving security close partnership with application delivery leaders; You will lead the organization relentlessly driving the cloud-based security and operations, establishing our highly optimized enterprise cloud processes, enabling application teams to deliver more securely.
- Lead and develop team members
- Develop workforce plan and operating model
- Coach Engineers, Project Managers, Business Analysts, and project team participants to build and develop a strong cross-functional team
- Set clear expectations and hold people accountable
- Develop leaders and successors within team and act as a mentor to resources outside of team
- Develop engineering capability and maturity across Cloud portfolio
- Accountable for engineering capability, maturity, and community of practice across Cloud Infrastructure Engineering portfolio
- Accountable for baseline OpEx (baseline + people costs) and project CapEx/OpEx budgets
Workforce and vendor management
- Workforce planning in support of business objectives (including FTEs, contractors, vendor partners, and India SSC)
- Successfully lead teams with large/complex scope and vendors
- Manage resources across projects
- Manage external vendors and hold accountable
Roadmap, Delivery, Thought Leadership
- Develops strategy and owns the roadmap on how technology will support business capabilities in this scope
- Accountable for successful delivery of programs through directing FTE, contractor, and vendor resources, in alignment with business stakeholder priorities
- Partner with business stakeholders, enterprise architects, and other leaders in the organization to effectively deliver technology in support of business capabilities
- Display a comprehensive understanding of lululemon’s overall suite of services, operating platform(s), business strategy and priorities by identifying gaps, driving change, and influencing project related decisions to achieve project goals and delivery of desired results
- Influence strategy, change and business partners at a domain level and beyond
- Communicates/Influence a compelling vision and line of sight into how the team’s work advances strategy
Required Skills & Experience
- 8+ years of related work experience, with direct work experience across a variety of Cloud Infrastructure disciplines to support a strong foundational knowledge of technology best practices, regulatory processes
- 5+ years of relevant people management experience.
- Experience working through various Cloud Infrastructure system architectures (preference for those with specifically AWS/Azure, Infrastructure as Code/CI/CD, Networking, operating systems) to influence solution to solve customer problems.
- Role model and champion modern ways-of-working such as Agile, DevOps and related practices, actively participate in an architecture community.
- Maintain knowledge on latest industry news and challenges for Cloud Infrastructure capabilities and practices along with networks & automation.
- Challenge the status quo and drive changes to improve business performance and productivity
- Act as a cloud modernization evangelist to continuously reduce legacy integration footprint.
- Experience in managing programs in highly dynamic, global organizations; with a preference for those with experience in retail or similar industry with blended and distributed workforce (i.e. mix of salary, hourly, contingent workers)
- Experience with translating business activities into operational processes
- Proven experience managing all aspects of the software delivery lifecycle
- Demonstrated experience in creating/managing portfolios
- Experience managing multi-million-dollar budgets
- Demonstrated understanding of project management principles, tools and techniques including business case development, ROI analysis, planning and issues management
- Takes ownership and follows through on tasks; drives decisions; results-oriented
- Flexible and able to handle multiple priorities
- Creative, innovative thinking, intellectual curiosity
- Problem-solving and sound judgment
- Strong organizational and time management skills; ability to multi-task
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication & presentation skills with all audiences
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven leadership
- Strategic thinker
- Technology Evangelist
- Acts with speed, simplicity and decisiveness