Technology Manager-Bench-Research MMCRI - Var
Job Details: We are seeking anexperienced scientist to manage projects within our mass spectrometry core facility at Maine Medical Center Research Institute. Thisshared resource provides state-of-the art protein, metabolite, and lipid analysis on Sciex instrumentation platforms. This individual’s primary role will be to work with the Director of the facility to manage all aspects of ongoing projects involving proteomics and lipidomics analysis.Responsibilities will include using cell andmolecular biology techniques to prepare tissue and cell samples for mass spectrometricquantitative analysis of protein and/or metabolic intermediates. The ideal candidate will have aMS or PhDdegree in a related discipline, with working knowledge of Sciex mass spectrometry instrumentation. Candidates can be trained, depending onqualifications.
The ideal candidate will:
1. Have training in mass spectrometry techniques and related instrumentation.
2. Have training in basic molecular and cell biology.
3. Be a self-starter, intellectually engaged in the science and technology, and able to work independently to troubleshoot problems and analyze the data obtained from mass spectrometry experiments.
4. Have good organizational and personnel management skills.
5. Be able to work with a variety of researchers to help design and implement projects
* This is a grant funded position
Summary of Position Description
This individual’s primary responsibility will be to manage applications of a specific technology. This includes, but is not limited to oversight of using this technology, maintenance of the technology, overall technical and quality assurance operations, supply management, and training and instruction of the technology. May or may not have direct supervisory responsibility depending on the requirements of the project or program. Position availability is directly related to grant funding.
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
- Ph.D. or M.S. plus experience or a B.S. in a specialized related field.
- 2 years of directly related experience.
- May be proficient in operation of one or more applications within a specific technology. Skills should include ability to troubleshoot problems and analyze the data obtained from instrumentation.
- Certifications based on technology, if applicable
- Must have good organizational and personnel management skills.
- Project management skills, communication skills, both personal and written, business skills and schedule planning acumen.
- Visual acuity, manual dexterity, math skills and a scientific acumen required.