Title : Technology Lead - Senior Developer – Power BI
Location : Livingston, NJ
Job Duration : Full Time Role (FTE)
• General IT knowledge commensurate with a degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
• Experience in Microsoft Power BI and MSBI tools with a good understanding of business intelligence/data warehousing concepts
• Experience with relational databasetechnologies which includes: working knowledge of SQL, knowledge of relational database design, performance and tuning experience
• Good communication (oral and written) and team work skills to work with both business users and other IT members
• At least 5-7years of experience in DW/BI related technologies and expertise in Microsoft BI Suite (SSIS, SSRS, MS Power BI and Excel).
• At least 1.5Years hands-on work experience with Microsoft Power BI.
• Experience in developing and optimizing Microsoft Power BI dashboards with a focus on usability, visualization, performance, flexibility, testability, and standardization and knowledge of Power BI services.
• Should have knowledge of writing DAX (Power Pivot) and Advanced DAX.
• Good hands-on experience in working with SQL Server, ETL using SSIS and reporting using SSRS.
• Good working knowledge of query tuning, performance analysis and data quality analysis
• Should have good experience on testing and debugging SQL artifacts, SSIS ETL packages and SSRS reports, and a good acumen on fixing issues/bugs in the aforementioned.
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills with a proven ability to translate analysis into meaningful insights and ability for estimating tasks, knowledge of standard estimation tools would be preferred.
• Be self-driven, take complete ownership of initiatives and make pragmatic technical decisions to meet client’s current and future needs
• Should be able to make decisions on the approach and design in an effective way to meet client’s current and future needs
• Should be able to assess high level functional and architecture impact on any changes recommended
• Ability to learn quickly and manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
• Reviews the work of other team members to ensure quality of code along with strong communication, problem solving, collaborative and organization skills.
• Experience and desire to work in a global delivery environment
Desired Skills (Each being a plus):
• Experience in otherreporting tools Tableau, Cognos, Microstrategy, QlikView etc.
• Experience in Financial Services domain